Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

best modular sli capable psu for $300

Last response: in Components
Share
June 12, 2014 6:46:11 AM

hi, I'm looking for the best psu i can get for max $300
it must be modular and sli capable (2 way sli 780ti's)
and if theres any chance i would love it to be a white psu to match my comp
I've been looking at the aerocool imperator and the fractal 1000watt

thank you

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
June 12, 2014 6:53:07 AM

Off the top of my head, I know Fractal Design, NZXT and PC Power and Cooling (OCZ now) all have high quality white PSUs.

I will do a quick search and see what I can find on NewEgg...BRB.


* EDIT *

OK...here you go...all modular and white.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4H8...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4H8...


I've personally had very good experiences with both NZXT and PC Power and Cooling. My current PC Power & Cooling 950w PSU is no longer available, but it is whisper quiet and the fan spins for 1 minute after shutdown to cool the PSU down even more when I'm done using my PC.
Share
Related resources
June 12, 2014 6:55:54 AM

i was reading reviews on the fractal psu's and %90 of them were really bad. but i do know that %90 of people who leave reviews do so because theye had a bad tme
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
June 12, 2014 7:04:11 AM

Xanarinera said:
i was reading reviews on the fractal psu's and %90 of them were really bad. but i do know that %90 of people who leave reviews do so because theye had a bad tme


Well, I have no experience with Fractal Design PSUs. But the NZXT and PC Power & Cooling units I've had were all excellent. I posted a quick NewEgg list above with several of each to look at. If you can find one you like for less on PCPartPicker, go for it.

I just like NewEgg for the search features to help narrow down mulriple options pretty quickly. ;) 
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:06:51 AM

CPU: intel i7 4770 @ 4.1GHZ | GPU: Asus GTX 780ti with kraken g10 (white) with a kraken x60 aio | Mobo: Asus Sabertooth
z87 | RAM: Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 2x8 gig | PSU: Corsair cx600 watt | SSD:
Samsung EVO 840 120gig | HDD: Seagate 2tb sshd | Case: nzxt switch 810
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:09:19 AM

Xanarinera said:
CPU: intel i7 4770 @ 4.1GHZ | GPU: Asus GTX 780ti with kraken g10 (white) with a kraken x60 aio | Mobo: Asus Sabertooth
z87 | RAM: Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 2x8 gig | PSU: Corsair cx600 watt | SSD:
Samsung EVO 840 120gig | HDD: Seagate 2tb sshd | Case: nzxt switch 810


With this I wouldn't get the 1000w NZXT PSU, but the 850w version: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-power-supply-hale90v2...
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:11:43 AM

i would love a nzxt psu but there really really hard to get in Australia, if you know of some where i can get one though
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:22:41 AM

also does any one know of an 2 pin extension boards for extra 2 pin slots the switch 810 come with one but its full and i would like another on so i dont have any plugged into m mobo for looks thank you
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 7:22:44 AM

thank you all for your help.
i think im going to get the 850watt nzxt psu (when its available again)
would it support my sli, 18 fans and 2 aio's on top of the rest of my build ?
m
0
l
June 12, 2014 9:19:33 AM

Xanarinera said:
thank you all for your help.
i think im going to get the 850watt nzxt psu (when its available again)
would it support my sli, 18 fans and 2 aio's on top of the rest of my build ?


yes,it should do that just fine. I'm glad I could help.
m
0
l
!