Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

CPU and motherboard change

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
June 13, 2014 5:11:10 AM

Hi
I have a
Intel G630 dual core 2.7GZ processor
foxconn H61MXT1/F2/-s/-v board
asus nvidia gtx 550 ti
4gb crosair 1333mhz ram
lowend atx cabinet
450 watt psu(not the good one)

I play games a lot don't mind playing them at medium to low end settings
I wanna play watchdogs and the processor wont do me any good.
I want to buy a new processor and motherboard(USB 3 supported)
I want to change the processor and motherboard and want suggestions....I am thinking about amd...but don't know about the compatability with my graphics card.....Plz help me

More about : cpu motherboard change

a c 155 à CPUs
a c 159 V Motherboard
June 13, 2014 5:16:26 AM

If you plan on a new motherboard and CPU, you will also need a new Windows license. My suggestion is to leave things alone and look into building a computer that serves your needs.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 297 à CPUs
a c 176 V Motherboard
June 13, 2014 5:53:54 AM

Ubrales said:
If you plan on a new motherboard and CPU, you will also need a new Windows license. My suggestion is to leave things alone and look into building a computer that serves your needs.


only if he has an OEM version of windows.

Mahesh9384 said:
I play games a lot don't mind playing them at medium to low end settings
I wanna play watchdogs and the processor wont do me any good.
I want to buy a new processor and motherboard(USB 3 supported)
I want to change the processor and motherboard and want suggestions....I am thinking about amd...but don't know about the compatibility with my graphics card.....Plz help me


there is no issue with compatibility with AMD and your gpu...

ok, i see a couple of upgrade options open to you... i also see several things with your system.
-your gpu will hold you back as much as your cpu will, in a high end game. So it might be time to look for a better gpu as well...

here are your options as i see it

1) Replace the cpu
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($210.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $210.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 08:57 EDT-0400

2) Go AMD
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $197.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 08:59 EDT-0400

3) Stick with Intel
CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($134.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi H81S2 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $194.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 09:03 EDT-0400

4) Spend Money on Intel
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.97 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G55 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $342.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 09:05 EDT-0400

Hovering above all of this is the spector that your gpu and psu might not be good enough... so you can tack on a min of $150 if you move up to the gtx 750ti... though you can get r9-270s for that much these days, you'll need a new psu... in which case you'll probably be paying almost $200-$230 to go that rout...

last but not least, you'll probably want 8gb of ram... which will cost you another $70
Share
Related resources
June 13, 2014 7:07:36 AM

ingtar33 said:
Ubrales said:
If you plan on a new motherboard and CPU, you will also need a new Windows license. My suggestion is to leave things alone and look into building a computer that serves your needs.


only if he has an OEM version of windows.

Mahesh9384 said:
I play games a lot don't mind playing them at medium to low end settings
I wanna play watchdogs and the processor wont do me any good.
I want to buy a new processor and motherboard(USB 3 supported)
I want to change the processor and motherboard and want suggestions....I am thinking about amd...but don't know about the compatibility with my graphics card.....Plz help me


there is no issue with compatibility with AMD and your gpu...

ok, i see a couple of upgrade options open to you... i also see several things with your system.
-your gpu will hold you back as much as your cpu will, in a high end game. So it might be time to look for a better gpu as well...

here are your options as i see it

1) Replace the cpu
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($210.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $210.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 08:57 EDT-0400

2) Go AMD
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $197.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 08:59 EDT-0400

3) Stick with Intel
CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($134.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi H81S2 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $194.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 09:03 EDT-0400

4) Spend Money on Intel
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.97 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G55 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($108.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $342.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-13 09:05 EDT-0400

Hovering above all of this is the spector that your gpu and psu might not be good enough... so you can tack on a min of $150 if you move up to the gtx 750ti... though you can get r9-270s for that much these days, you'll need a new psu... in which case you'll probably be paying almost $200-$230 to go that rout...

last but not least, you'll probably want 8gb of ram... which will cost you another $70





Thanx a lot....Should I go for AMD FX-6300 or Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core. I dont have the budget for i5.........and yes I m planning to get gtx750 ti but not nw......

m
0
l
a c 297 à CPUs
a c 176 V Motherboard
June 13, 2014 11:05:50 PM

Well... the easy answer is this...

If you never plan to overclock get the i3

If you plan to overclock, a fx6300 with a solid overclock (4.6ghz+) will game about as good as an i5 in many situations. It will still be slower in single threaded games then the i3, but in truly multi-threaded titles, you might even have a better experience then someone with an i3
m
0
l