Solved

i5-4460's iGPU and a future upgrade

Hey guys, so I'm planning to get the i5 instead of an APU because I'll upgrade to a discrete Graphics card in the future (maybe an R9 270).
I just wanted to know how much advantage or disadvantage I'll have to deal with while I still don't have a discrete GPU vs if I bought an APU and got a future GPU. thanks
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4460 igpu future upgrade
  1. yes, get the i5, the integrated graphics are perfectly fine for everything but gaming, and even then you can run most things on low or med.
  2. Best answer
    i5-4460's iGPU is perfectly fine for a office pc. The discrete graphics will be necessary for a gaming build.
    Do you wanna play games right now? Try a low budget AMD build w/ a discrete graphics.
  3. filippi said:
    i5-4460's iGPU is perfectly fine for a office pc. The discrete graphics will be necessary for a gaming build.
    Do you wanna play games right now? Try a low budget AMD build w/ a discrete graphics.

I do actually. but I'm not that excited . I can stay playing my old games (Dota2, LoL, CSGO, TF2) but yeah. a future upgrade just because I'm planning to get the latest titles for entertainment. but do you think the i5's iGPU will handle those listed games above with no problem? I don't mind putting the settings down a bit too. and any suggestion for a future graphics card that can run on a 500watt PSU with my i5? I'm thinking of the R7 265, R9 270/x , R9 280/x, GTX 760, GTX 660Ti
  4. For a good 500w psu i really like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($154.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $154.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-14 19:06 EDT-0400
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics Cards Intel i5 Graphics