Solved

Upgrading my pc, help choose a graphics card!

Hi, i've been runing my system with an apu for a little while now and I want to add a discrete GPU. I know that my apu will be used only as an cpu but that's better than dual graphics with an r7 250. With the coming release of GTA V on pc and Battlefield hardline i'm looking for a graphics card that could handle theses games for about 40-50 on medium to high settings at 1080p

I can't choose between the XFX r7 260X and the MSi geforce gtx 750 ti
Since my A10-7850k is amd I have some doubt on its performance

Do you think going 260x is a smarter move? Maybe for mantle..but 750 ti seems to out perform the AMD GPU. The price gap between theses isn't a problem (amd: 160$ nvidia:190$ prices in canada are just...compared to usa)

I would also like to add that my PSU (CX430M) is 430W and the r7 runs @180W at full load and the 750ti only about 80W

I would love to hear your opinions thanks :)
Btw Sorry for my bad english
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading choose graphics card
  1. Best answer
    R7 260x consumes 110-120W at full load, for your PSU GTX 750 Ti will be better choice. Mantle will not be supported in many games to come, stick with the one which gives better performance i.e. 750 Ti
  2. the 750 ti outperforms the r9 260x in every test, except of bf4, at a 130w less power consumption. the r7 260x is a good card, but the gtx 750 ti is just a better card. and if you OC the 750 ti, it will be even better than the r7 265 and maybe also better than the r9 270 non x version. if you get the 750 ti, you could save a little bit on the psu, and you can get an additional ssd or hdd with the spare money
  3. The R9 270 is much faster, than the other options, and only requires 1x 6 pin power connector from the PSU, which the CX 430W has. The 270 will come between the 7870 & 270X in this review : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/25.html

    R9 270 : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=154&sort=a7

    R9 270 requires 24 Amps on the 12v rail & a 500W PSU minimum

    CX 430M has 32 Amps on the 12v rail. Which is fine.
  4. maktovic said:
    R7 260x consumes 110-120W at full load, for your PSU GTX 750 Ti will be better choice. Mantle will not be supported in many games to come, stick with the one which gives better performance i.e. 750 Ti

    Thanks but will it performs with my cpu (a107850k) without any problem?
  5. radekmm said:
    the 750 ti outperforms the r9 260x in every test, except of bf4, at a 130w less power consumption. the r7 260x is a good card, but the gtx 750 ti is just a better card. and if you OC the 750 ti, it will be even better than the r7 265 and maybe also better than the r9 270 non x version. if you get the 750 ti, you could save a little bit on the psu, and you can get an additional ssd or hdd with the spare money

    Thanks, do you think my psu could handle overclocking that 750 ti?
  6. Scampi said:
    The R9 270 is much faster, than the other options, and only requires 1x 6 pin power connector from the PSU, which the CX 430W has. The 270 will come between the 7870 & 270X in this review : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/25.html

    R9 270 : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=154&sort=a7

    R9 270 requires 24 Amps on the 12v rail & a 500W PSU minimum

    CX 430M has 32 Amps on the 12v rail. Which is fine.

    Thank you:) But that 750 ti overclocked is almost an r9 270? for less power conumption
  7. BreezyHayce said:
    maktovic said:
    R7 260x consumes 110-120W at full load, for your PSU GTX 750 Ti will be better choice. Mantle will not be supported in many games to come, stick with the one which gives better performance i.e. 750 Ti

    Thanks but will it performs with my cpu (a107850k) without any problem?


    750Ti will perform to its potential without your APU struggling to keep up with it.

    CX430 will handle mild-OC of 750Ti.

    Overclocking 750Ti to make it reach at the level of R9 270 is likely like pigs flying in sky. There are always hardware limitations, but 750 Ti does have some nice OC headroom
Ask a new question

Read More

a10-7850k 750 help Graphics 260x CPUs apu dual graphics 750 ti r7 Gtx GPUs Graphics Cards Memory Upgrade