Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

k280 case air cooling with hyper 212 evo is it good enough cpu (fx 8350)

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • Cases
  • CPUs
  • Systems
  • Evo
Last response: in Systems
June 13, 2014 7:06:42 PM

Hello dear enhusiasts i got a question i got a case which is cooler master k280 and my cpu is fx8350 the thing is i want to get hyper 212 evo for my case and the questions follows :
1.Will that hyper 212 evo fit?
2.My case has no top exhaustion will i be fine with it ?
3.Any other better options for cooling cause im using stock one ?
4.If hyper 212 evo would not fit in what should i go for for cooling?
5.My budget is limited and hyper is budget friendy lowering budget will cause troubles?
thank you for going through all of this questions sorry for taking your time thank you for ur answers in advance

More about : k280 case air cooling hyper 212 evo good cpu 8350

Best solution

a c 107 à CPUs
June 18, 2014 11:55:45 PM

1. Yes it will fit

2. A top exhaust would help but is not required

3. There are better solutions but not for the same price

4. Once again it fits :) 

5. Do not lower your budget on this. Anything cheaper won't perform the same.

Note: if you have a GPU which puts hot air into your case, and your set up has the cooler in a horizontal postion (I am not sure if you can change that with a different mounting kit or not, but I don't think you can), you will get higher temperatures than others with this cooler. Your GPU will be feeding the cooler hot air.

If you have $50, then I can recommend a cooler that will fit and mount in the preferable position. But with the Hyper 212 evo, you will be much better off than with a stock cooler, and you won't overheat.
Share
June 26, 2014 12:33:48 AM

SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 10:45:10 AM

KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:27:35 PM

TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.

oh yes dude they are intake i writhe wrong there!!!! but i cannot find dust filters in my contry im searching 1month and nothing:( ((((
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:31:04 PM

You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:40:59 PM

KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.

oh yes dude they are intake i writhe wrong there!!!! but i cannot find dust filters in my contry im searching 1month and nothing:( ((((


Can you use amazon?
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:42:01 PM

tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


ignore this
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:44:30 PM

tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


Hmm tnx for advice i will remove side fans and will see how will temp going!!!!!
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:45:55 PM

KOTE said:
tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


Hmm tnx for advice i will remove side fans and will see how will temp going!!!!!


this comment was (not technically haha) deleted
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:47:38 PM

TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


His is not set up in a front to back configuration. For AMD sockets, it is mounted horizontal. So his has air moving up through it.


This is false. You can mount it any way you want for an AMD socket. Just google coolermaster hyper 212 evo AMD.
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:50:23 PM

TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.

oh yes dude they are intake i writhe wrong there!!!! but i cannot find dust filters in my contry im searching 1month and nothing:( ((((


Can you use amazon?

i dont have creditcard!!!!!!!
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:53:24 PM

KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.

oh yes dude they are intake i writhe wrong there!!!! but i cannot find dust filters in my contry im searching 1month and nothing:( ((((


Can you use amazon?

i dont have creditcard!!!!!!!


Well, there are alternatives.....


I used coffee filters on a friends computer and they worked great
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:53:39 PM

tiny voices said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


His is not set up in a front to back configuration. For AMD sockets, it is mounted horizontal. So his has air moving up through it.


This is false. You can mount it any way you want for an AMD socket. Just google coolermaster hyper 212 evo AMD.


yes dude i google and horizontal position is corect!!!!!!!!
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:54:39 PM

I wouldn't worry to much about filters. I would remove your side fans and see if that helps at all. BUT, 60c is fine for that CPU as long as it doe snot go over 65c.
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 2:55:38 PM

KOTE said:
tiny voices said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


His is not set up in a front to back configuration. For AMD sockets, it is mounted horizontal. So his has air moving up through it.


This is false. You can mount it any way you want for an AMD socket. Just google coolermaster hyper 212 evo AMD.


yes dude i google and horizontal position is corect!!!!!!!!


Nope, it can be mounted either way. Doesn't matter and the fact that it is AMD has nothing to do with it. Coolermaster even specifies that it should blow front to back.
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:55:55 PM

TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
KOTE said:
SO hello all im new here and i wont your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp blow out from casr

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my colling sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!


Side fans should be set as an intake. Other than that, your cooling seems to be good.

I recommend looking at some silverstone dust filters (such as the magnetic ones) and placing them on the side with your intakes.

oh yes dude they are intake i writhe wrong there!!!! but i cannot find dust filters in my contry im searching 1month and nothing:( ((((


Can you use amazon?

i dont have creditcard!!!!!!!


Well, there are alternatives.....


I used coffee filters on a friends computer and they worked great

loooool really nice dude hahahah.
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 2:59:02 PM

tiny voices said:
KOTE said:
tiny voices said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
You might try removing the side fans. They usually cause issues with front to back air coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Side fans generally do more harm than good.


His is not set up in a front to back configuration. For AMD sockets, it is mounted horizontal. So his has air moving up through it.


This is false. You can mount it any way you want for an AMD socket. Just google coolermaster hyper 212 evo AMD.


yes dude i google and horizontal position is corect!!!!!!!!


Nope, it can be mounted either way. Doesn't matter and the fact that it is AMD has nothing to do with it. Coolermaster even specifies that it should blow front to back.


whatever dude my temp are very good with this setup i will just try with removing side fans and see resluts.
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 3:00:02 PM

I would rotate the cooler 90 degrees so it blows from front to back, this way you are not sucking HOT air off the GPU.
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 3:04:25 PM

tiny voices said:
I would rotate the cooler 90 degrees so it blows from front to back, this way you are not sucking HOT air off the GPU.


adfhalsdkjfh
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 3:04:59 PM

tiny voices said:
I wouldn't worry to much about filters. I would remove your side fans and see if that helps at all. BUT, 60c is fine for that CPU as long as it doe snot go over 65c.

dude im gaming abot 5 or 6 hours evry day temp are 58/ 59/ 60C
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 3:08:00 PM

tiny voices said:
I would rotate the cooler 90 degrees so it blows from front to back, this way you are not sucking HOT air off the GPU.


OH how i can upload picture from my cooler dude?
lock here dude here are pictures:http://www.overclock.net/t/1199135/hyper-212-testing-pu...
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 3:09:16 PM

TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
I would rotate the cooler 90 degrees so it blows from front to back, this way you are not sucking HOT air off the GPU.


You can't. The mounting system for AMD only allows the Hyper 212 Evo (and most air coolers) to be mounted horizontally. Some company's allow you to buy kit to mount it in the vertical position, but this is once again a stupid AMD issue. I had an air cooler for my 8350, and I was not a fan of how it didn't allow me to mount the cooler vertically.


I'm not trying to sound rude, but you are 100% incorrect. I will link some pics of AMD boards with correctly mounted Hyper 212 EVOs.





These are all modern AM3+ boards with correctly mounted 212 EVOs.

I have mounted 212 EVOs on AM3+ boards 40+ times. I PROMISE it is possible with nothing more than what came in the box.
m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 3:11:21 PM

KOTE said:
tiny voices said:
I wouldn't worry to much about filters. I would remove your side fans and see if that helps at all. BUT, 60c is fine for that CPU as long as it doe snot go over 65c.

dude im gaming abot 5 or 6 hours evry day temp are 58/ 59/ 60C


If 60c is the highest you ever see, then you have ZERO problems. Don't even change anything.
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 3:19:50 PM

tiny voices said:
KOTE said:
tiny voices said:
I wouldn't worry to much about filters. I would remove your side fans and see if that helps at all. BUT, 60c is fine for that CPU as long as it doe snot go over 65c.

dude im gaming abot 5 or 6 hours evry day temp are 58/ 59/ 60C


If 60c is the highest you ever see, then you have ZERO problems. Don't even change anything.


m
0
l
a c 352 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 3:22:06 PM

That link PROVES that front to back is COOLER than top to bottom.

Also, like I said, your temps are FINE.
m
0
l
a c 107 à CPUs
June 26, 2014 8:49:06 PM

tiny voices said:
TheMagicalWallaby said:
tiny voices said:
I would rotate the cooler 90 degrees so it blows from front to back, this way you are not sucking HOT air off the GPU.


You can't. The mounting system for AMD only allows the Hyper 212 Evo (and most air coolers) to be mounted horizontally. Some company's allow you to buy kit to mount it in the vertical position, but this is once again a stupid AMD issue. I had an air cooler for my 8350, and I was not a fan of how it didn't allow me to mount the cooler vertically.


I'm not trying to sound rude, but you are 100% incorrect. I will link some pics of AMD boards with correctly mounted Hyper 212 EVOs.





These are all modern AM3+ boards with correctly mounted 212 EVOs.

I have mounted 212 EVOs on AM3+ boards 40+ times. I PROMISE it is possible with nothing more than what came in the box.


Huh, Ok then. Most of the ones I have used (air coolers) all mounted horizontally. Sorry
m
0
l