$900-1000 AUD ATX Gaming Build Requested

danielcai

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
As you've probably guessed, I have enlisted the help of you good people of Tom's Hardware to help me with a future-proof Intel gaming/multipurpose ATX mid tower build.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Next week (16/6/14 - 22/6/14)

Budget Range: $900 - $1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Moderate Gaming > Light Video Processing > Everyday Use

Are you buying a monitor: No.

Parts to Upgrade: From scratch.

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: MSY (preferably their Ultimo store)

Location: Sydney, Australia (preferred store is MSY Ultimo, prefer in-store to online)

Parts Preferences: Intel i5 CPU (preferably, if something is better then go with that), reliable modular PSU, no DVD drive required, narrow case (~20-21cm wide), aftermarket CPU cooler, 1TB HDD, at least 64GB SSD (cheaper graphics card if necessary), keyboard and mouse optional

Overclocking: Maybe, but not in the next half year.

SLI or Crossfire: Very slim chance, so no.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 (current)

Additional Comments: I need a mid tower case, roughly 20 to 21cm wide, that is well-built, black-coloured and quiet. It must have USB3. I'll be running mainly War Thunder, Warface and Battlefield 3 on medium/high settings.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I currently don't have a desktop PC for video processing and gaming. This is my first build.

Thanks in advance guys! :D

danielcai

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

I'm planning on getting the Corsair 230T case. Is there any advantage in getting a MicroATX motherboard like in the PCCG build, or getting a full ATX motherboard? If so, can you recommend one around the $99 mark?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going with the MSI H87-G43 Gaming. I've also just noticed I've got a black and red colour scheme going on... :p

Thanks!