Solved

help! HDD problem? Hp P-7 1414 windows 8.1

have been having to use F1 to load for about a yr. because says "eminite hard drive failure" today started computer with F1 as usual. took me to screen that i click on to get to password screen. Nothing ! mouse stopped working! keyboard stopped working! is a hardive failure?? never experienced one before
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdd problem 1414 windows
  1. Best answer
    U continued using a computer that was telling u it's HD was gonna fail for a whole year?!?! I trust u had a cast iron backup strategy in place....

    (And yes I would hazard a guess that yo HD has bitten t dust)
  2. snowctrl said:
    U continued using a computer that was telling u it's HD was gonna fail for a whole year?!?! I trust u had a cast iron backup strategy in place....

    (And yes I would hazard a guess that yo HD has bitten t dust)


    the warning started 6 mo. after i bougt this computer brand new. did some investigating and found a lot of article about this paticular hhd in the hp computers having the same issues and still using the computer for yrs without a failure. yes i did backups monthly and full backup of the computer from get go.
  3. Ok well done - tho personally I would hav made them fix it under warranty else what's t point on buying a HP...

    New HD time I think then... Can I recommend an SSHD, or SSD
  4. snowctrl said:
    U continued using a computer that was telling u it's HD was gonna fail for a whole year?!?! I trust u had a cast iron backup strategy in place....

    (And yes I would hazard a guess that yo HD has bitten t dust)
  5. snowctrl said:
    Ok well done - tho personally I would hav made them fix it under warranty else what's t point on buying a HP...

    New HD time I think then... Can I recommend an SSHD, or SSD


    talked to them about it but personally didnt want to replace hdd with same product after i read so many review with same problem what i do mainly with this computer is a few personal documents pictures email and play the sims3 with lots of mods and cc. so yes i quess a new hhd now. SSD is out of my price range. any other suggestion on a good hhd?? mine is 1TB and would like to have at a 750
  6. Ok, an SSHD would b my recommendation then... Hav u come across them? Also known as hybrid drives, they are a clever HD n SSD combo so for far less than an SSD u get HD capacity with SSD speeds for frequently accessed data, so your OS n progs load at SSD speeds...
  7. snowctrl said:
    Ok, an SSHD would b my recommendation then... Hav u come across them? Also known as hybrid drives, they are a clever HD n SSD combo so for far less than an SSD u get HD capacity with SSD speeds for frequently accessed data, so your OS n progs load at SSD speeds...


    i dont think i am familiar with them, sounds good, know i need more speed . can u give some names ? and i'll have a look. OH and thanks for the info
  8. snowctrl said:


    that u go much and going to check this out and at least will know were i'm headed
Ask a new question

Read More

Storage Computers Hewlett Packard Hard Drives Windows 8