Solved

Home Built PC is stuck on Starting Windows screen

I managed to successfully go through post and view BIOS and all that jazz but when I try to install Windows 7 I get stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. Is this supposed to take a really long time?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about home built stuck starting windows screen
  1. lexluthor2012 said:
    I managed to successfully go through post and view BIOS and all that jazz but when I try to install Windows 7 I get stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. Is this supposed to take a really long time?


    No it is only suppose to take 1 or 2 minutes at the most to load windows 7.

    Can you please give us your customs specs.

    And is this a brand new build.
  2. Asus m5a97 Motherboard, AMD FX4300 Processor, 750v psu, Asus hd770 vidcard, 16gb RAM. I have a 2TB HDD but I unplugged it so I could install Windows on the samsung SSD. I'm using an older optical drive for the Windows installation disk until the Blu Ray comes in. And yes, everything is brand new other than the optical drive.
    Can you please give us your customs specs.
  3. So you are saying that,When windows 7 loads it get's stuck at the splash screen right be for it enters.

    Let's do so Ram testing.

    Take them all out.Put one in at the time and see if it will start.
  4. No luck, I tried a couple more times and each time I got a BSOD with a different message ranging from possibly not having enough disk space (I definitely do) to hardware issues
  5. lexluthor2012 said:
    No luck, I tried a couple more times and each time I got a BSOD with a different message ranging from possibly not having enough disk space (I definitely do) to hardware issues


    Try going into safe mode.

    If all else fails here.Try clearing the COMs.
  6. is it possible to go into safe mode without an OS installed?
  7. Nope you will need an OS i would recommend on a full format and a fresh install of the Operating system.
  8. That's the problem, I literally finished putting this PC together today and can't get passed the installation screen
  9. lexluthor2012 said:
    That's the problem, I literally finished putting this PC together today and can't get passed the installation screen


    Make sure in bios to set your CD rom as your first boot option.
  10. Ok so I ended up changing the SATA configuration so that the SSD and ODD are set to RAID. It seems to be working fine now but is it ok that the drives are on this setting?
  11. Best answer
    lexluthor2012 said:
    Ok so I ended up changing the SATA configuration so that the SSD and ODD are set to RAID. It seems to be working fine now but is it ok that the drives are on this setting?


    They should be fine that way.I think this one is solved.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Windows 7