Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

NZXT Phantom 410 Fan Connector Help (weird pins i cannot figure out)

Tags:
  • NZXT
  • Connection
  • Fan
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
June 15, 2014 1:24:10 AM

Hello all,

I am trying to connect my phantom 410 pre installed fans but i am extremely confused.

There is this


The right one is from the case(only 3 pins in molex ??) and the left one is from the psu.Should i connect these 2 together ??

And the other 4 (not the molex)


They are 2 pins(make) and so they cannot go into the motherboard where exactly do they go ? or they just extra to connect to if i get more fans ??

Please Please Please help guys...thanks

More about : nzxt phantom 410 fan connector weird pins figure

June 15, 2014 1:37:17 AM

Hi johnk_47
you can connect the two molex's together ( the 4pin from your PSU to the 3pin from your case )
the missing wire is one of the two black ground wires

the other smaller plugs are for fans
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 1:40:14 AM

mickypheonix said:
Hi johnk_47
you can connect the two molex's together ( the 4pin from your PSU to the 3pin from your case )
the missing wire is one of the two black ground wires

the other smaller plugs are for fans


Hi thanks for the info.....so i need 12 v rite for the molex ? ,,.......... and the rest do i need to connect them ?
i checked the connections....the 3 pins from fan are connected to 2 pins like these and i tried to follow them but couldnt....

are these pins extra ?

Thanks again mate
m
0
l
Related resources
June 15, 2014 1:50:11 AM

the molex just plug it into a 4pin molex on your psu this is to power your fan controller , the other small leads hook up to your fans
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 2:33:43 AM

mickypheonix said:
the molex just plug it into a 4pin molex on your psu this is to power your fan controller , the other small leads hook up to your fans


i think they are already connected in the back mate....there are 3 pins coming out of the fans that are connected to wires like these ...... in the back...already plugged in ........thats so now are these extra bro ?
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 2:36:32 AM

If they are coming from the fan controller they would have to be
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 2:57:38 AM

mickypheonix said:
If they are coming from the fan controller they would have to be


ya they are from the fan controller.....
m
0
l

Best solution

June 15, 2014 3:08:14 AM

if the installed case fans are already hooked up to the fan controller then they must be spare cables for additional fans
Share
June 15, 2014 10:15:50 AM

mickypheonix said:
if the installed case fans are already hooked up to the fan controller then they must be spare cables for additional fans


So powering up the molex should be enough to run the case fans rite ?
m
0
l
June 15, 2014 11:33:39 PM

yes that is what it's for to power the fan controller
m
0
l
!