You have a fairly old system that is limited to AM2+ CPUs. It has a PCIe 1.1 slot but you can use video cards with PCIe 2 or 3 because PCIe is backwards compatible. You aren't limited on Graphics memory.
The motherboard chipset may cause compatibility problems with AMD cards higher than HD4000 series. You should see if anyone else had success with your type of system. I would use a conservative Nvida card. Your power supply is only 250 watts so that would not power most video cards. It should be replaced.
Only if the BIOS supports it. Early versions of PCIe 16 like the one in question here (1.1) may not be compatible. However there may be a BIOS update that will make them compatible.
PCI Express 2.1 (with its specification dated March 4, 2009) supports a large proportion of the management, support, and troubleshooting systems planned for full implementation in PCI Express 3.0. However, the speed is the same as PCI Express 2.0. Unfortunately, the increase in power from the slot breaks backward compatibility between PCI Express 2.1 cards and some older motherboards with 1.0/1.0a, but most motherboards with PCI Express 1.1 connectors are provided with a BIOS update by their manufacturers through utilities to support backward compatibility of cards with PCIe 2.1.
1. Chipset: NVIDIA
2. Model: For GT630
3. Applicable Type: Desktops
4. Core Code: GF108
5. Manufacturing Process: 40nm
6. Core Frequency: 875mHz
7. Memory Type: Support DDR2
8. Memory Capacity: 2048MB
9. Memory Interface: 128bit
10. Memory Frequency: 3200mHz
11. Memory Bandwidth: 51.2GB / S
12. Directx Version: Directx 11
13. Graphics Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x 16
14. Display Output Interface: HDMI I / DVI / VGA Interface
15. Auxiliary Power: None
16. Maximum Power Consumption: 65W ->>>>>>>> "Under 250 watts"
17. RAMDAC Frequency: 400mhz "this is the frequency of the ram on your ddr pc3200 supported ram 400mhz"
18. Number Of Stream Processors: 192 Error Correction
19. Texture Fill Rate: 281 Billion / Sec
20. Pixel Fill Rate: 13gpixel / S
21. Resolution: Maximum Number Of Resolution: 2560 × 1600
22. Maximum VGA Resolution: 2048 × 1536 ---->"HD Bro"
23. Weight: 365g / 12.88oz
Server ram if you want i can give you up to 8 gb ram
look for pc3200 hp server ram you will find http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDGE-8GB-4x-2GB-PC3200R-ECC-REG... ram it will show as 3.5gb on a 32bit system so upgrade your 32 bit processor
to 64 bit AMD Athlon 64 3800+ cpu 939 socket type will support GTA V min of 2mhz
OK so I have the same MB, same spec Compaq in fact, I guess an EVGA GeForce GT 710 isn't appropriate? I got it at a bargain price! I can probably replace the PSU with a 450W version, not sure of the form factor, I've not checked, but from what I read above, the BIOS probably won't support it anyway, am I reading that right?