Looking for 200-250$ budget 23-24" gaming monitor low latency specs

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I'm trying to find a good value monitor that has as low input lag as possible in this price range. Low response times would also be great. I'm also wondering if in this price range you can find monitors with 120hz refresh rate, or if it's even worth it for the pc I'm currently able to build and my purposes. I won't have a dedicated GPU for a while and will be running an intel HD4600 from my I5 4570. I'll mostly be playing bullet hell games like this (and maybe some battlefield3 when I get my GPU). The more responsive the better. All other aspects come in second, but I wouldn't mind recommendations if they're just a little above my budget. Balanced options can also be taken into consideration (for example if a monitor has better contrast/colors but it's just slightly slower). I will note that I have been doing my own research but some specs are just hard to find and I realized that I need some help in my search. Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention, the monitor should also be wall mountable. Wouldn't mind some rotating wall mount suggestions either so that I could tilt my screen vertically.

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I'm not actually sure what GPU I'll be getting as of yet. I don't seem to have any trouble researching those. I want to get one powerful card basically. Not top of the range but something that's up there. I'll wait to see what comes out this year. Anyways, for 2d games like bullet hells I'm pretty confident the intel gpu will do the job. Some of the bullet patterns move pretty fast in some games so I need a responsive monitor.

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I decided I'll wait for the nvidia 800 series. That is a great monitor (but it costs quite a bit more in my country), I'll keep this open for a while maybe I'll get some more options. In any case, thanks!

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Hmm, my expectations were that they would release the 800s this year. So I don't mind the wait. I'm thinking of getting a gpu that's the equivalent of a gtx770 or hopefully something more powerful (depending on the options that will be available). I'm now considering next gen gaming as well. So with that in mind, will a 120hz monitor be worth it? Also, should I wait for the g-sync monitors? I currently live in Romania.

I doubt Maxwell would be released this year because NVIDIA hasn't even released anything about Maxwell. I would assume it's not until next year that it is released.
A 120hz monitor is only worth it if you want the 120fps. Simple as that. If you're using a 60hz right now and you're fine with it, then stick with 60hz. There's nothing about next gen gaming that would require a 120hz monitor. Also, g-sync is definitely a nice feature but right now its too expensive.

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Hmm, yeah it really sounds like 60hz is the better bet right now. Well at least that narrows things down a bit. I was aware of the fact that the refresh rate depends on the gpu to actually push the framerate high enough but I wasn't sure if it would work out in my case. Ah well, any quality 60hz monitors in this price range that you know of? Btw thanks for all the input!

6xsnake6x

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Thanks, after confronting with my own research and the prices around here that's actually a great choice. I'll probably be getting the TN version though. Which is ASUS VS238H-P