Solved

Best $800 Gaming PC Build

I would like to build a gaming PC with a budget of 900 US dollars but I am completely new to building computers. I would LOVE if somebody gave me a parts list with a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the PC.
Some preferences:
Intel Core, i7 would be great.
I won't be overclocking.
2-3TB Hard drive? 1TB is enough though, but I want the most out of my money.
Good graphics card, I will be gaming a lot(mainly minecraft) and recording with programs like FRAPS at the same time.
8 Gigabytes of RAM, 16 would be great
I want an optical drive
I will probably using Windows 8-64bit
I want a good motherboard with 6 USB outputs(I don't know how to deal with 1.0,2.0, ans 3.0 USB outputs), an HDMI and a VGA output, and 1 audio jack for both the speakers or headphones and the microphone in the same jack(I have a USB connector that has two audio jacks that I use).

Please, if you can, include a full parts list, including CPU cooler.

I am not sure about the monitor, but I have 2 Dell monitors with the resolution or 1680*1050.

I want it to have Bluetooth, as I do use an Apple keyboard. I have a wireless Logitech mouse.

Since I am completely new to computer building, if would be great if you could also have a step-by-step tutorial on how to build it and everything up until the point where it is like a pre-made computer where you can just start installing programs and such(include a list of drivers I need to install).

EDIT to format:
Approximate Purchase Date: By the end of this week I should have the orders placed

Budget Range: $800-900, but I'd like to stay on the lower end

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet Browsing, School Stuff

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: None, building from nothing

Do you need to buy OS: yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I don't know

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: What is that exactly?

SLI or Crossfire: WTF is that?

Your Monitor Resolution: I have 2 Dell 1680*1050 monitors, but it would be great if I could upgrade within the budget

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Just to upgrade my specs, and loking for a cheap way to get a new and better PC

Thanks!!!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 800 gaming build
  1. Also I am going to need good WiFi, because my internet router is across the house so an Ethernet cable is out of the question,
  2. I'll price up what you require but it's not going to be within $800 no matter what. i7 eats the budget.
  3. Best answer
    Got it under $900 after rebates, and really it isn't half bad. I really didn't have to make compromises.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($104.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($179.00 @ Newegg)
    Case: Xion XON-560 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $894.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 00:11 EDT-0400

As far as putting it together, if you can turn a screwdriver you can piece together a computer. My 11 year old daughter does it for me sometimes when I have too much work.
  4. Thanks!
  5. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus H87-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($111.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($216.60 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($65.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($8.88 @ B&H)
    Total: $863.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 00:18 EDT-0400

See the vids below on step by step PC Assembly:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUghCx9iso
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVBsXEiok

You don't need CPU Cooler because CPU is factory locked. Stock Intel cooler will be fine.
  6. Can you just install a driver to connect to wifi?
  7. noobatcomputers said:
    Can you just install a driver to connect to wifi?

Windows 8 can generally detect a wifi device and install a generic driver.
  8. but the thing is the video cards don't have VGA outputs...my monitor uses a VGA input.
  9. noobatcomputers said:
    but the thing is the video cards don't have VGA outputs...my monitor uses a VGA input.

They should come with an adapter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 8 Gaming Power Supplies WiFi Intel i7 Intel Homebuilt RAM Build Components Optical Media Graphics Cards Hard Drives Systems