Solved

I want to buy 120hz 1080p budget gaming monitor

Hi. I'm willing to buy a monitor for my gaming pc that i am building now, my pc will probably be capable of achieving 60~ fps in most nowadays games, i want to buy a budget monitor that won't go for more than 190$. I don't know if there is a difference between 120hz and 60hz monitor on 60fps so please pick something that suits my pc. I'm going to purchase it from amazon.com.


So, 1080p, either 120 or 60 hz which ever suits my pc, and shouldn't be larger than 24inch.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about buy 120hz 1080p budget gaming monitor
  1. to make use of 120, you should be able to get 120fps.
    i know of a few 120/144hz, but none of those are at that price point. around 400 i think.

    check benq, asus (among others)
  2. Alright, then a 60hz will do. but it should be 1080p and 24inch and 5ms or less response time.
  3. Best answer
    Do you want it primarily for fps games or do you want more high detail, good blacks, for games like Skyrim? Essentially TN panel or IPS panel.

    Good IPS in budget:
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($129.99 @ Best Buy)

    Good TN in budget:
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)
  4. I have another question, i found "Dell E2414H 24" LED Monitor" on my local store for 165$, should i buy it?
  5. DesertAmbush said:
    I have another question, i found "Dell E2414H 24" LED Monitor" on my local store for 165$, should i buy it?


    I would not. It is a TN panel and has a 5ms response time. It's better to go TN panel and 2ms OR IPS panel and 5ms.
  6. What about this one LG 22MP56HQ, I know i'm asking a lot but please bear with me a bit.
  7. DesertAmbush said:
    What about this one LG 22MP56HQ, I know i'm asking a lot but please bear with me a bit.


    It's a 21.5" screen. I wouldn't want lower than 23". What country are you buying in?
  8. I'm buying it from UAE, people here don't care a lot about gaming so not many pc rings is available to us here. Here is the site i plan to buy it from since its faster and will be cheaper for me instead of going through the all shipping things. http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/ please if you found a good monitor on this site give me the link of it so i purchase it. I'm really not a pc guy so i have no idea what am i supposed to buy, and i dont want to waste money on a useless garbage.
  9. This one seems to be under $200usd and it will have good colors and decent speed.
    http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/lg-24-inch-class-slim-ips-led-monitor-24ea53v-6575986/i/
  10. Yeah, that's the one i was looking at as well,its for 190$. Thanks a lot dude, i'll be buying it now. Cheers.
  11. envy14tpe said:
    Do you want it primarily for fps games or do you want more high detail, good blacks, for games like Skyrim? Essentially TN panel or IPS panel.

    Good IPS in budget:
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($129.99 @ Best Buy)

    Good TN in budget:
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)


    That TN monitor, how many hertz is it?
  12. lejacob said:
    envy14tpe said:
    Do you want it primarily for fps games or do you want more high detail, good blacks, for games like Skyrim? Essentially TN panel or IPS panel.

    Good IPS in budget:
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($129.99 @ Best Buy)

    Good TN in budget:
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($139.99 @ Newegg)


    That TN monitor, how many hertz is it?


    @1080p it is 60Hz. That is normal for monitors. It gives you a max of 60fps. If you want a 1080p monitor with 120Hz or 144Hz you'll have to spend at least $250.
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Monitors Components