Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need suggestions to get the right graphic card for my pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 16, 2014 6:08:31 AM

I want to get a new graphic card in order to play relatively high graphic games.The problem is that my computer case size is small so I don't know how to find the right graphic card that will fit it

Dimensions: 13.35x15.24x3.98

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz

RAM:4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz

Motherboard:p EGATRON CORPORATION 2A94h (CPU 1)

Graphics:2250 (1680x1050@60Hz)
Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (HP)
Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset (HP)

I am also planning to get a new power supply ,what could be the right power supply that fit my pc.

And do need to get a new RAM?

Thank you for your time.

More about : suggestions graphic card

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 6:16:20 AM

The problem with playing high graphic games, is the CPU is going to cause frame drops and lag, especially in games such as BF4. Really the only CPU you'd be able to upgrade to would be a Core 2 Quad, and those are pretty expensive now, due to not being produced in years. You also may need a RAM upgrade depending on what games you're looking to play.

All that said, what games are you looking to play?
m
1
l
June 16, 2014 7:01:55 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
The problem with playing high graphic games, is the CPU is going to cause frame drops and lag, especially in games such as BF4. Really the only CPU you'd be able to upgrade to would be a Core 2 Quad, and those are pretty expensive now, due to not being produced in years. You also may need a RAM upgrade depending on what games you're looking to play.

All that said, what games are you looking to play?

FIFA 14,Tropico 5,GTA IV ,Total War: Rome II
Is possible to get a 450-500w for this PC?
Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 7:04:07 AM

Are you talking about a new power supply? If so, it would probably be a good idea, based on the age of the components.

And you're probably gonna want a better CPU for games like GTA IV and TW:R. Something like an i3 would be a great improvement, but that would require a new motherboard as well.
m
0
l
June 16, 2014 7:11:48 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
Are you talking about a new power supply? If so, it would probably be a good idea, based on the age of the components.

And you're probably gonna want a better CPU for games like GTA IV and TW:R. Something like an i3 would be a great improvement, but that would require a new motherboard as well.


Yes ,it's just the I need to find the right size that would fit in it(power supply).
So your recommendations would be that I get a new CPU and motherboard so that the new graphic card and power supply work properly?Sorry about the question at the start I mixed up the CPU with the power supply
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 7:18:51 AM

Yeah, the Core 2 Duo isn't really strong enough for GTA IV and TW:R.

And I'm 99% sure it's an ATX sized power supply, which would be standard. If you want to be 100% sure, you can measure the power supply to be sure.

This would be a good, balanced upgrade, which would be very good for what you're looking at, and get you High graphics at 1080p :) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1066 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($30.11 @ Amazon)
Total: $372.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 10:18 EDT-0400
Share
June 16, 2014 7:25:58 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
Yeah, the Core 2 Duo isn't really strong enough for GTA IV and TW:R.

And I'm 99% sure it's an ATX sized power supply, which would be standard. If you want to be 100% sure, you can measure the power supply to be sure.

This would be a good, balanced upgrade, which would be very good for what you're looking at, and get you High graphics at 1080p :) 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1066 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($30.11 @ Amazon)
Total: $372.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 10:18 EDT-0400


Thanks a lot!!!
It's much clearer now to me. :) 
I better start saving up for this .
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 7:34:53 AM

No problem :)  And that was just a balanced budget upgrade, I can give a better fit if you have a specific number in mind.

And I just realized you already have DDR3, I read that as DDR2, sorry about that. The motherboard linked only has 2 RAM slots, so you would most likely want to get a 2x4GB set of RAM, as 4GB is starting to be on the low side for gaming.
m
0
l
June 16, 2014 7:54:23 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
No problem :)  And that was just a balanced budget upgrade, I can give a better fit if you have a specific number in mind.

And I just realized you already have DDR3, I read that as DDR2, sorry about that. The motherboard linked only has 2 RAM slots, so you would most likely want to get a 2x4GB set of RAM, as 4GB is starting to be on the low side for gaming.


I don't have a price in mind but I would prefer as cheap as possible,I don't exactly need the games to be really high graphic, I'd be happy with medium-high graphics as long as the games run and the graphics look nice . And could you tell me what 2x4GB set of RAM I should get?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 8:04:47 AM

Changed the build to include RAM. for what you'll be doing, you don't need to overspend on RAM, and A-DATA is pretty good, and usually about the cheapest you can find.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($30.11 @ Amazon)
Total: $398.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 11:03 EDT-0400

And you'll definitely get Medium/High at 1080p easy with this build.
m
1
l
June 16, 2014 8:20:49 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
Changed the build to include RAM. for what you'll be doing, you don't need to overspend on RAM, and A-DATA is pretty good, and usually about the cheapest you can find.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($30.11 @ Amazon)
Total: $398.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-16 11:03 EDT-0400

And you'll definitely get Medium/High at 1080p easy with this build.


Ok,that seems what I was looking for ,thanks for your help :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 16, 2014 8:29:59 AM

No problem :)  Good luck with it when you can get it!
m
0
l
June 16, 2014 8:43:09 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
No problem :)  Good luck with it when you can get it!


Thanks.
m
0
l
!