Help 8320 idle temp ( HWMonitor readings included )

ThunderQ8

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Hello..

Today I built my very first pc and I think I did a bad install of the cpu cooler.. ( Arctic Freezer Rev.2 ) yes I know that's a very low end solution but I'm changing it fairly soon.. So what I need you guys to tell me are these temperatures ok ?

CPU never tested just sitting there since being built..

There you go ( http://imgur.com/u33TcCs )

Thanks in advance ! =)

Solution
You're idle temp looks OK, use the CPUTIN number. The CPU itself is reporting 9C, which is ridiculous, unless you live in a freezer. Your problem is going to appear when you put a load on the system.

nuts32605

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
You're idle temp looks OK, use the CPUTIN number. The CPU itself is reporting 9C, which is ridiculous, unless you live in a freezer. Your problem is going to appear when you put a load on the system.

Solution
Pl don't buy CM 212 Evo because it won't be able to do away with lot of heat being produced by this 125W CPU. Either get Noctua NH-D14/NH-U14S or better get Corsair H100i/H90i. Temps are really strange on HWMonitor. You should have checked these temps in other software as well. Mobo's reported temp of 33C seems more logical.

ThunderQ8

Reputable
May 28, 2014

I've installed the stock cpu cooler's fan at the back of the case (motherboard cutout) and temps dropped to a steady 25 normal usage.. around 35 when gaming and 55 when pushed by Prime95's small ffts torture test =D

I'll get another cooler eventually.. probably the H100i but I'm sticking with this one for now..

Thanks for the help mate

ThunderQ8

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Guys anyone having a problem with the fx 8xxx series can try and cool down the VRM and or the back of the motherboard (cutout) directly in front of the cpu =D

I personally used the fan that came with the processor as I have an aftermarket cooler and temps dropped by over 15C when pushed by prime95 torture test.

Fan behind motherboard directly blowing into the front of the cpu =D