Solved

Upgrading prebuilt pc's video card?

I have a pre built pc more specifically an asus CM1745 I was wondering if it is able to be upgraded with a new video card. I am looking at an asus GTX750ti. is the pc able to handle to card with its current power supply? Will it even fit in the case and is it compatible? Thanks ahead of time.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading prebuilt video card
  1. Yeah, you should be good. But don't get the Asus one, as it needs a 6-pin power cable, which I doubt the PSU on your PC has.
  2. freeracercolin said:
    Yeah, you should be good. But don't get the Asus one, as it needs a 6-pin power cable, which I doubt the PSU on your PC has.


    im sorry but could you be a little more descriptive. how do i check how many pins my power cable has and how do i find a video card that does have a 6 pin power cable.
  3. Anonymous said:
    freeracercolin said:
    Yeah, you should be good. But don't get the Asus one, as it needs a 6-pin power cable, which I doubt the PSU on your PC has.


    im sorry but could you be a little more descriptive. how do i check how many pins my power cable has and how do i find a video card that does have a 6 pin power cable.


    This is a 6-pin power cable. It provides power to your GPU (Graphical Processing Unit, A.K.A Video Card). They generally do not come with GPU's, but the GPU's may come with an adapter from 2 Molex or SATA to this. I think the Asus GPU that you were looking at has a 2 Molex to 6-pin adapter, but that might max out the PSU (Power Supply Unit, A.K.A Power supply), if it even has the needed cables.
  4. Thanks this helps a lot, So would getting a more powerful power supply solve this problem?
  5. Anonymous said:
    Thanks this helps a lot, So would getting a more powerful power supply solve this problem?


    Yes. I can help you look for one if you want. What's your budget?
  6. freeracercolin said:
    Anonymous said:
    Thanks this helps a lot, So would getting a more powerful power supply solve this problem?


    Yes. I can help you look for one if you want. What's your budget?


    I believe i found one would you mind taking a look at it. it seems to have the proper connector.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7850583&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_lm=apowlina@gmail.com
  7. Anonymous said:
    freeracercolin said:
    Anonymous said:
    Thanks this helps a lot, So would getting a more powerful power supply solve this problem?


    Yes. I can help you look for one if you want. What's your budget?


    I believe i found one would you mind taking a look at it. it seems to have the proper connector.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7850583&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_lm=apowlina@gmail.com

    I have never heard of ULTRA, and that's not a good thing. This is what I would get:

    US: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100w10430kr
    Canada: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100w10430kr
  8. Thank you you've been a huge help and i think im all out of questions :). I decided to go with the psu you recommended and i think i chose right. once again thank you
  9. Best answer
    Anonymous said:
    Thank you you've been a huge help and i think im all out of questions :). I decided to go with the psu you recommended and i think i chose right. once again thank you


    It was a pleasure to help you. If you could, could you click the "Pick as best answer" button?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Graphics Cards Prebuilt Systems