R7 265 - A10-5800K - Low Performance?

Hi!

I just barely bought an MSi Radeon R7 265. I put it in, stuck the 6-pin power connector in, and booted up my computer. However, the frame rates do not impress in some games.

GRID 2 works great - Ultra game settings at about 45 FPS. But Minecraft on the other hand runs at about 20 FPS, with all settings turned up.

My CPU is an AMD A10-5800K at stock speeds, and my motherboard is an MSi A88XM-E45. I am running Catalyst 14.6 drivers and it looks like it is set up well. I have 8GB of 2133 mhz RAM.

I was using the integrated graphics before. Do I need to change a setting to disable it or something?

Thank you for any input! I really appreciate it!

Yeah I know my CPU isn't great... it's just that I got better FPS with my iGPU in the APU.

I noticed it said my system architecture was x86 and the launcher said 32 bit or something. I have a 64 bit operating system... is there some setting where I need to switch Java to 64-bit?

Okay thank you! I uninstalled 32-bit Java and now it is running in 64 bit. I am averaging 75 FPS or so with everything maxed out. Sound about right?

Thank you very much! Is there any way that I can run Minecraft in 64 bit without having to uninstall 32 bit?