Best $1300 Build

Charj

Reputable
May 5, 2014
I don't know whether to go with amd or intel so i need a complete build including a monitor (no os though) I want the monitor to be 120hz as well but not for too much (Over $300) And i already have a case. Thanks

Solution
you can match a intel cpu with a amd or nvidia video card or even a amd cpu with a nvidia card.

crossfire is amd dual video card support and sli is nvidia dual video card support. some motherboards will support both options but is not always the case and the manufacturers website is the best place to check although i doubt you would need to crossfire the 290.

lga 1150 is the cpu socket and z87/z97 motherboards are for overclocking so you can get a cheaper lga 1150 motherboard and there is some pretty cool gaming ones.

iron8orn

Admirable
$1300 minus $300 should get you a nice Intel build.

what will be the primary use of the pc?

are you a gamer and what games will you be playing most?

will you be overclocking?

i would recommend a i7 if you just want your system to remain good for several years but if you want to remain up on all the latest technology you can get a i5 now and wait for skylake to be released next year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylake_%28microarchitecture%29

Charj

Reputable
May 5, 2014

I will mostly be using this pc for gaming. Games such as lol, battlefield 4 and battlefield 3. I want to be able to get a solid 100+ fps in bf3 and bf4. Also be using this pc for a bit of CAD work. I will only be overclocking if i really need to i.e. getting more fps. Thanks

Charj

Reputable
May 5, 2014

So an intel build with a r9 290. ??????? Im confused

iron8orn

Admirable
you can match a intel cpu with a amd or nvidia video card or even a amd cpu with a nvidia card.

crossfire is amd dual video card support and sli is nvidia dual video card support. some motherboards will support both options but is not always the case and the manufacturers website is the best place to check although i doubt you would need to crossfire the 290.

lga 1150 is the cpu socket and z87/z97 motherboards are for overclocking so you can get a cheaper lga 1150 motherboard and there is some pretty cool gaming ones.

Solution