i3 4130 (Haswell) vs. FX-6100

Solution
For gaming i would defently take the i3, this is a dual core vs a hexa-core and the hexa one only wins by a small margin in performance, and that means that the i3's individual cores are much faster, making it's single threaded performance almost double the speed of a FX6100, and it's singe threaded performance you'll wanna look at for gaming.

If we aren't talking about gaming then the FX6100 would probably be my suggestion, since it's overall a little bit faster than the i3, and it's overclockable, while the i3 isn't.

But both CPU's are fine and no matter which you pick it's going to be a good choice. Personally i've had the FX6100 for around a year, and i liked it though it struggled in Crysis 3 and in Minecraft, i could run games...

NiCoM

Honorable
For gaming i would defently take the i3, this is a dual core vs a hexa-core and the hexa one only wins by a small margin in performance, and that means that the i3's individual cores are much faster, making it's single threaded performance almost double the speed of a FX6100, and it's singe threaded performance you'll wanna look at for gaming.

If we aren't talking about gaming then the FX6100 would probably be my suggestion, since it's overall a little bit faster than the i3, and it's overclockable, while the i3 isn't.

But both CPU's are fine and no matter which you pick it's going to be a good choice. Personally i've had the FX6100 for around a year, and i liked it though it struggled in Crysis 3 and in Minecraft, i could run games like Battlefield without any problems, and everyday usage was fast and responsive.

But pick the i3 for gaming and FX6100 if you're not gaming. ;)

EDIT: some contest yes:
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-FX-6100

Solution