$1000 Full Gaming PC

AJisHere

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Thanks for the build suggestion guys! I really appreciate it, would it be worth it to go for a AMD CPU? I heard they are a good bang for buck and would probably be cheaper and save me some money for other stuff

dasulman

Honorable

not really, they're more for the cheaper overclocking type. the gaming performance is near enough the same, if not a tiny bit behind.
However if just for stock, then you'll need to switch the CPU cooler - the AMD runs hot. The extra cash needed for the CPU cooler makes up the distance between the AMD and intel options.
I'd chill with intel.

AJisHere

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I see, is it worth it to invest that much in a CPU? Most builds I see they invest in the gpu more than the CPU or are you giving me some options to upgrade in the near feature?

If I were to overclock should I be having some sort of a cooler?

dasulman

Honorable
well the difference between an unlocked Amd CPU and a locked intel GPU is only about the cost of an extra CPU cooler -so about $30 - its just I personally, and many others, prefer intel's CPUS. as a rule of thumb I invest in the minimum cpu power that won't bottleneck about 90% of the 2 way sli market - which turns out to be a an I5 4430 or higher. To me that's the minimum.
With the build I sent. You can add another r9 270 card for crossfire, or invest in a much stronger single GPU solution. That was the main idea.
If you were to overclock either AMD or intel, id suggest getting the hyper evo or better. May be along with case fans...