best 500-550W psu for this build

I am looking for a psu and I have found quite a few. Can you plz tell me which one is better from my list or if none is good then recommend me. I wwilll mostly be playing graphically intensive games such as battlefield,call of duty,assassins creed and etc. I am upgrading my computer and I want to make sure my psu is good. my pc is gateway dx4840-15c and build is intel core i5, 6gb ddr3 ram, 1tb harddrive, sapphire r7 265, 27 inch monitor. The psu I am looking at are 1)
OR 2)
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 500 550w psu build
  1. Best answer
  2. Made by the best SEASONIC.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $54.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-17 18:09 EDT-0400
  3. you don't like antec? The only reason is that I am not sure if the xfx psu will fit in my case
  4. antec is great aswell, and just about any psu will fit in any case, but to be safe, what is your case?
  5. Yes , that Antec unit is a great choice like the XFX posted above it's made by SEASONIC.
  6. gateway dx4840-15c. the antec is gonna fit in there perfectly.
  7. all the above psu's will fit in that case.
  8. The Antec is too long for your case get the XFX 550 I posted above above it's OEM sized and will fit.

5.5" x 5.9" x 3.4"
  9. you serious?
  10. Yes the Antec is too long it's 6.3" and leaves you no room to move and manage your cables.
  11. well, blackbird doesnt lie....
  12. It will be too tight to work with your cables.

You need the OEM size of the XFX posted above.
  13. haha danbuscus25 I will take your word for it.
    I will go with the xfx psu? is the xfx psu you posted good or the one that blackbird posted?
  14. Same one , just mine is a Canadian link, but give Danbuscus25 the best solution on his XFX link.
  15. I gave Danbuscus25 the vote for best solution.
  16. Thanks Danbuscus25 , nice work.
  17. I already gave him the best solution lol. Ok so I m buying xfx guyz. Plz can I m ake sure one more time that this will fit in my case as I don't have so much spare money to buy another one. ohhh and I plan on keeping this psu for atleast 5 years. will it last?
  18. ty :)
  19. it should last 5 years, probly more.
  20. I gave Danbuscus25 the Best Solution on his XFX link above , so anybody that reads this thread will know the right solution.
  21. thank you guys for helping me. I appreciate
  22. no problem :)
  23. Thank you for posting!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components