FX-8320 High Temp

Renlie

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

My FX-8320 is 61ºC with no games or heavy apps, just desktop and chrome. All hardware is new. I have a 212 EVO. All fans seem to work fine. I think voltage is fine too. Any ideas? Im completely lost, as im not an expert i have no idea.

Thank you in advance.

This could be few things.

One, you didn't install the cooler correctly. Make sure it is tight enough. CPU cooler must be firmly pressing against the CPU.

Second step (if first didn't work), you put too much thermal paste on. How did you apply the paste? Remove the paste with some 97% isopropyl alcohol and a coffee filter. The put an amount in the middle that looks and is the size of a cooked grain of rice.

Kryptonyte

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
If it is the CPU only that you are worried about (like in my case, i have the same problem) then make sure that you have cables away from the CPU unless they must be there, this will help with air flow.
You might want to get a different CPU cooler, i have a zalman cooler and they are a good brand (if you want to get a new CPU cooler i recommend them)

No, he should be no where near 61 with the Hyper 212 Evo. 61 C is the maximum temperature AMD recommends.
His CPU cooler his fine.