Solved

I don't need to be told why WIN 8.1 is better. I just need knowledgable help. Thank you. :)

We do not have a lot of money. I needed a laptop. Everything I use for computing, and gaming works great on windows 7, and I prefer windows 7. I bought a Satellite C75D-A7337 laptop very cheap with windows 8.1 standard 64 bit O/S on it. I own a legit Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit O/S, and want to put it on this laptop. However Microsoft, and Toshiba BOTH hide ANY knowledge of if there are compatible drivers for this PC. This PC IS NOT new technology... having ddr3 standard 1333mhz ram, and a processor below i3 standards actually, and a very unspecial shared ram video card. Does anyone know, if I can get drivers after installing windows 7 ultimate for this laptop, and if so, where? It seems as if manufacturers, as well as Microsoft are trying to cram windows 8.1 down everyones throat. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I sounded a bit adrupt in my header. Everywhere I ask this. I get why Win 8.1 is better, and how I should simply learn to like it. lol (If you like a 1965 Mustang, you don't care why a 2015 Mustang is better). ;)
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about told win knowledgable
  1. well, it would probably be fine, worst that could happen (usually) is the keyboard and/or touchpad drivers need to be re-installed, so make sure you have a spare mouse and keyboard just incase.
  2. Danbuscus25 said:
    well, it would probably be fine, worst that could happen (usually) is the keyboard and/or touchpad drivers need to be re-installed, so make sure you have a spare mouse and keyboard just incase.



    That sounds great. :) I have those. So will Win7 carry most of the drivers, or will I need to do some research for anything specific? Here is a link I found to the laptops specs.

    http://www.pcworld.com/product/1426995/toshiba-satellite-c75d-a7337.html
  3. Most of the windows 8.1 drivers on Toshiba.com will also work with windows 7. If you really like windows 7 that much, go for it.

    Also, your keyboard and mouse will work. They might still need to have the drivers installed to restore their enhanced functions (mouse pad gestures etc etc)
  4. oczdude8 said:
    Most of the windows 8.1 drivers on Toshiba.com will also work with windows 7. If you really like windows 7 that much, go for it.

    Also, your keyboard and mouse will work. They might still need to have the drivers installed to restore their enhanced functions (mouse pad gestures etc etc)


    You guys are great! Thank you so VERY MUCH! I got the help I needed quick here, you BOTH answered my question very well. Glad I joined up. :)
  5. copy your network/wifi drivers to a flash drive or something, ive had problems with them not working, then i couldnt download any drivers.
  6. There is no reason why Windows 7 shouldn't run perfectly in a Laptop or Notebook sold with Windows 8.1... and particularly a Satellite C75D-A7337. If you were talking about Windows XP it would be a different story but still not all difficult to solve.

    All you have to do is visit the Laptop manufacturer website in the support and downloads area and look for driver updates.. and if you don't find any particular driver, install SlimDrivers to find, download and install drivers. Just disable all automatic functions in this software or remove it afterwards.

    https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php
  7. I like 7 simply because I have gotten very familiar with it, and it kept enough of that XP "feel" when I changed over. Win 8.1 simply does not suit my comfort zone. lol Thank you all for the very quick replies. VERY helpful. :)
  8. Best answer
    Microsoft has little to do with the specific drivers for that.

    Looking in the Toshiba site, I do not find "Satellite C75D-A7337"
    Starting at "Satellite C75D", there are many. The closest seems to be "Satellite C75D-A7370"
    For which there are multiple Win 7 drivers.

    http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200006851
  9. no problem :)
  10. Danbuscus25 said:
    copy your network/wifi drivers to a flash drive or something, ive had problems with them not working, then i couldnt download any drivers.


    Will definitely do. Thank you. :) I also had that experience updating an older Toshiba from vista to win 7. had to hardwire the laptop to get it's drivers for wireless. lol
  11. Chicano said:
    There is no reason why Windows 7 shouldn't run perfectly in a Laptop or Notebook sold with Windows 8.1... and particularly a Satellite C75D-A7337. If you were talking about Windows XP it would be a different story but still not all difficult to solve.

    All you have to do is visit the Laptop manufacturer website in the support and downloads area and look for driver updates.. and if you don't find any particular driver, install SlimDrivers to find, download and install drivers. Just disable all automatic functions in this software or remove it afterwards.

    https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php


    "bookmarked" Thank you. :)
  12. USAFRet said:
    Microsoft has little to do with the specific drivers for that.

    Looking in the Toshiba site, I do not find "Satellite C75D-A7337"
    Starting at "Satellite C75D", there are many. The closest seems to be "Satellite C75D-A7370"
    For which there are multiple Win 7 drivers.

    http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200006851


    "bookmarked" as well. This look to be very similar. Perhaps a few of this models drivers may work as well. At a glance I see already a few for this model as well in it's list. Thank you. :)
  13. I now have an arsenal of knowledge to go my battle with. lol :D Thank you all so much. I had a headache researching this laptop. I was a bit fearful of erasing 8.1. I feel prepared now. :) My only problem now is saying who answered my question. ALL of you did, in many areas. lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows 7 Windows 8