Solved

I'm confused as to which video card to buy.. What's the best gpu for my build

I'm looking at buying a new video card for a first time build and after researching and reading lots of reviews I'm more confused than ever.

I am purchasing:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150
Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower (already purchased)
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jdeuch/saved/h4rcCJ

I'm always seeing comments suggesting to buy a 280X...... but is there a specific brand? I was looking at the Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE. But I don't know if this is a good choice. I've seen bad reviews on it just like many of the other cards I've researched.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about confused video card buy gpu build
  1. How much are you willing to spend for a graphics card, and what will you be doing with your build
  2. Shadeslayer110 said:
    How much are you willing to spend for a graphics card, and what will you be doing with your build


    The Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE is $300.. that's probably about the highest I would want to go. I'm building the system for my nephew's birthday/christmas. He plays games like Skyrim.. (not sure what others)
  3. Best answer
    Ok, so $300 is your gpu budget. If you are willing to go $30 more, you can get a evga gtx 770, which sets everything at ultra. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZIQXBA?pc_redir=1402945547&robot_redir=1

    Otherwise, the 760 is good as well, and for a lower price.
  4. Shadeslayer110 said:
    Ok, so $300 is your gpu budget. If you are willing to go $30 more, you can get a evga gtx 770, which sets everything at ultra. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZIQXBA?pc_redir=1402945547&robot_redir=1

    Otherwise, the 760 is good as well, and for a lower price.


    Thank you very much Shadeslayer110 :)
  5. jdeuch said:
    Shadeslayer110 said:
    Ok, so $300 is your gpu budget. If you are willing to go $30 more, you can get a evga gtx 770, which sets everything at ultra. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZIQXBA?pc_redir=1402945547&robot_redir=1

    Otherwise, the 760 is good as well, and for a lower price.


    Thank you very much Shadeslayer110 :)




    No problem. Hopefully, everything will work out and he will like the PC!
Ask a new question

Read More

Reviews Graphics Cards Build Components New Build