Solved

Problem With Front Audio Jack on ThermalTake V4 Black Edition Case

Hi guys, I have an issue with the front Audio Jack where it makes weird interference noises after half an hour to an hour of use. I tried to update all my Windows 7 x64 drivers but the problem still persits.

My computer's CPU and GPU is also overclocked. Can an overclock screw up my audio jack?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem front audio jack thermaltake black edition case
  1. Best answer
    My experience with audio interference has come largely from electrical interference in the same region. Most of the time I find that a charge is being sent to an adjacent port or hub sometimes in the form of a USB port or power led. All I've been able to do is remove USB cable near the front audio port, but I believe that most of the interference comes from poor craftsmanship and even worse insulation of the wiring.
  2. Toxic45 said:
    My experience with audio interference has come largely from electrical interference in the same region. Most of the time I find that a charge is being sent to an adjacent port or hub sometimes in the form of a USB port or power led. All I've been able to do is remove USB cable near the front audio port, but I believe that most of the interference comes from poor craftsmanship and even worse insulation of the wiring.


    Thanks mate :) Well then, I will try to get a RMA on the computer case.
  3. android_dev said:
    Toxic45 said:
    My experience with audio interference has come largely from electrical interference in the same region. Most of the time I find that a charge is being sent to an adjacent port or hub sometimes in the form of a USB port or power led. All I've been able to do is remove USB cable near the front audio port, but I believe that most of the interference comes from poor craftsmanship and even worse insulation of the wiring.


    Thanks mate :) Well then, I will try to get a RMA on the computer case.



    It may not even be a faulty case so much as just a bad manufacturing process. I've had a lot of cases and I tend to just ignore the front mic and audio ports because of all the static/interference. You can talk to them about it and maybe they can provide a better explanation or solution. I would definitely be led to believe that it's hardware related though.
  4. Toxic45 said:
    android_dev said:
    Toxic45 said:
    My experience with audio interference has come largely from electrical interference in the same region. Most of the time I find that a charge is being sent to an adjacent port or hub sometimes in the form of a USB port or power led. All I've been able to do is remove USB cable near the front audio port, but I believe that most of the interference comes from poor craftsmanship and even worse insulation of the wiring.


    Thanks mate :) Well then, I will try to get a RMA on the computer case.



    It may not even be a faulty case so much as just a bad manufacturing process. I've had a lot of cases and I tend to just ignore the front mic and audio ports because of all the static/interference. You can talk to them about it and maybe they can provide a better explanation or solution. I would definitely be led to believe that it's hardware related though.



    I'm from Australia and by law I've got a 1 year warranty. I will talk to the supplier and Thermaltake themselves about the issue then.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Audio Help Desk Components Thermaltake