Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What do you think about this build?

Last response: in Components
Share
June 18, 2014 3:49:25 AM

Iam building my first gaming/recording PC.
Link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qQQMTW

What iam mostly wondering about is power supply and case
first question about power supply do i need to upgrade it to 750w or 600w is enough ?
second question:
the case i mentioned do i need fan for it ( i was thinking about "Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO"
or it has enough fans ? if i need fan in it then i need to change the case cause it cost alot.

is this case good replacement ?
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Guardian-Tower-Black-921RB-0...
will it fit everything ? and what do you think about that case and if you recommend other cases with good look as well good case like 100$ or something like that.

More about : build

June 18, 2014 3:54:31 AM

1. 600W PSU will be enough
2. It depends what sort of cases you like, flashy or sleek. I prefer the HAF to the Guardian
3. DDR4??? It doesn't exist. And you would also preferably have 8GB of RAM instead
3. Everything should fit, but you haven't supplied your motherboard specs, so if the mobo is M-ITX, MATX or ATX, it should fit
m
1
l
June 18, 2014 4:04:41 AM

600w psu is fine in ur case
unless u use SLI

Nvidia recommends 500w psu for 760 and 600w is the right match
m
1
l
Related resources
June 18, 2014 4:07:58 AM

Aspire77360 said:
1. 600W PSU will be enough
2. It depends what sort of cases you like, flashy or sleek. I prefer the HAF to the Guardian
3. DDR4??? It doesn't exist. And you would also preferably have 8GB of RAM instead
3. Everything should fit, but you haven't supplied your motherboard specs, so if the mobo is M-ITX, MATX or ATX, it should fit

Sorry i meant DDR3 x2 so its 8 GB in total and i prefer flashy but if there is cool looking sleek then i wont mind...
about the mother board idk if the mobo is any of these here is the full name of the motherboard i hope it helps ( MSIZ87-G43 Socket 1150 intel Z87 chipset )
and when you said everything should fit do mean in HAF case or the Guardian or both ?
also thanks for the quick answer

m
0
l
June 18, 2014 4:09:30 AM

DDR4 does exist. It is very close to market, however at this stage it is ridiculously expensive and only compatible with the upcoming Haswell-E platform.


m
1
l
June 18, 2014 4:12:28 AM

bradsctt said:
DDR4 does exist. It is very close to market, however at this stage it is ridiculously expensive and only compatible with the upcoming Haswell-E platform.

Can you tell us the motherboard you plan to get? Based off that, I would be able to recommend a 600W or 750W power supply, based off this reason: If the board supports SLI, you could get a second GTX 760 in the future, but that would require the 750W power supply.



I edited the post sorry i meant DDR3 and also is GPU 760 2gb enough for double monitor ( not planning on playing on both i want one for gaming other monitor for programs and other stuff )?
m
0
l
June 18, 2014 4:15:44 AM

WheelsToHell said:
bradsctt said:
DDR4 does exist. It is very close to market, however at this stage it is ridiculously expensive and only compatible with the upcoming Haswell-E platform.


I edited the post sorry i meant DDR3 and also is GPU 760 2gb enough for double monitor?


Yeah, i saw that.

I was gaming on my 1080p monitor, while running a 1050p monitor for web browsing etc with my 2GB GTX 760. So yes, it is more than capable of running two monitors. Even with the second monitor running, i still get 70-80 FPS in BF4 on Ultra, which shows that i do not take a large performance hit, maybe 5 FPS lower than single monitor.

If you are able to get this motherboard (http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GA-Z97X-SLI-2-Way-DualBI...) with a 750W power supply, i would suggest it. Z97 supports your CPU, and it is the latest chipset from Intel.

It follows on from my comments about SLI, and that you may want more performance in the future.

Since your processor is a 4570, you will not be able to overclock it, so it does not matter that this board doesnt have a high end power delivery.
m
1
l
June 18, 2014 4:18:47 AM

bradsctt said:
WheelsToHell said:
bradsctt said:
DDR4 does exist. It is very close to market, however at this stage it is ridiculously expensive and only compatible with the upcoming Haswell-E platform.


I edited the post sorry i meant DDR3 and also is GPU 760 2gb enough for double monitor?


Yeah, i saw that.

I was gaming on my 1080p monitor, while running a 1050p monitor for web browsing etc with my 2GB GTX 760. So yes, it is more than capable of running two monitors. Even with the second monitor running, i still get 70-80 FPS in BF4 on ultra


if you answer this you will get best answer.
what about the case if the one i linked good and will fit everything and do you have idea about that case and will i need Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO in ATX CASE COOLER MASTER 922 HAF XM case ?
m
0
l

Best solution

June 18, 2014 4:27:12 AM

All of the parts you listed should fit in your case fine.

As you are using a locked CPU, you do not need a high performance cooler, since you can't overclock. But, it will be quieter than the Intel stock cooler, so i would say its a good idea to get a Hyper 212 EVO.

A Hyper 212 EVO will fit in a Cooler Master HAF XM 922. That case has 196mm of CPU cooler clearance, the Hyper 212 EVO is 159mm.

Also, did you see my link to the GA Z97X SLI? It seems to be about the same price as the board you had chosen. It will perform just as good as your other motherboard, while supporting SLI for a future upgrade.
Share
June 18, 2014 4:38:39 AM

bradsctt said:
All of the parts you listed should fit in your case fine.

As you are using a locked CPU, you do not need a high performance cooler, since you can't overclock. But, it will be quieter than the Intel stock cooler, so i would say its a good idea to get a Hyper 212 EVO.

A Hyper 212 EVO will fit in a Cooler Master HAF XM 922. That case has 196mm of CPU cooler clearance, the Hyper 212 EVO is 159mm.


thanks looks like i will go with Cooler Master HAF XM 922 because guardian can't fit it as i tested in their website http://prntscr.com/3u0bnn

thanks for your help!
m
0
l
June 18, 2014 4:41:00 AM

No problem. Have you decided whether to go with a 600W PSU or step up to 750W?

What 600W are you looking at?
m
1
l
June 18, 2014 4:53:42 AM

bradsctt said:
No problem. Have you decided whether to go with a 600W PSU or step up to 750W?

What 600W are you looking at?


Corsair CX 600W

made link for full build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qQQMTW
m
0
l
June 18, 2014 5:07:39 AM

Looks good, it should run everything fine. I can play most current games at high or ultra settings at over 60fps in 1080p with my 2GB GTX 760.

Some people like the ability to go with SLI, some don't. I don't blame those who don't like SLI, it can have some weird rendering problems sometimes, but not often.

Anyway, your build looks like a good, reasonably powerful gaming system, which should last for 2-3 years before you need to do any major upgrades.

Have fun :) 
m
0
l
!