R9 270 No Display Output

Brucey_Bonus

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hey guys

A friend of mine recently bought some upgrades to his Dell Vostro 460 desktop.

He purchased a Corsair CXM600 power supply to supplement the power required and an MSI R9 270 graphics card.

He has the latest BIOS firmware for his motherboard, and the system works perfectly when powered up off integrated graphics (with the graphics card uninstalled).

The problem is that when he installs the graphics card, there is no graphical output whatsoever, and it seems as though the computer cannot post as the power button in this phase acts to directly power off the machine.

He is using an HDMI cable to interface with his monitor, and the graphics card seems to be properly functioning with fans spooling and all that jazz.

In the BIOS settings we cannot find any configuration in which we can dedicate the graphics processor, and therefore can't direct it to the PCIe graphics.

Any help is appreciated!

-Thanks

Brucey_Bonus

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

I don't think that it has anything to do with the PSU :\

Brucey_Bonus

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Guys, I think it might have something to do with the motherboard not supporting a discrete graphics card in that there are no BIOS options for enabling one.

But again, it can't be this since there are many others with this desktop and motherboard who have went on to install discrete graphics cards afterwards!?

Brucey_Bonus

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Guys, I think it might have something to do with the motherboard not supporting a discrete graphics card in that there are no BIOS options for enabling one.

But again, it can't be this since there are many others with this desktop and motherboard who have went on to install discrete graphics cards afterwards!?