Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Burn smell computer

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 19, 2014 3:48:35 PM

Well I was trying to setup my LEDs I haven't touched since I put together the build a couple years ago and I had a couple wires that would connect then fan LEDs to the psu and when I connected them and turned them on i noticed they worked but I heard a popping noise and I got scared and shut it off from psu switch then I removed the wiring and turned back on to no display on the screen. I have tried another graphics card with no luck. I have no idea what it could be.

More about : burn smell computer

June 19, 2014 3:50:23 PM

What smells burned? Does anything look burned? If you had a burn smell it should be pretty easy to track down, something obviously died.
m
0
l
June 19, 2014 9:52:31 PM

Well for the display remove the cmos and put it back after 30 sec and it should work where as the burning smell would might be from leds.
m
0
l