Solved

GTX 780 TI and IPISB-CH2 Bios Update problem..

I installed my GTX 780ti but when I just turn on my PC it just sits at the very first screen I cant even enter Bios... I have tried the update for Bios but it says "System BIOS image is invalid please download patch again" and I cant seem to get anywhere. Anyone have any other ideas?
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 780 ipisb ch2 bios update problem
  1. Millgo47 said:
    I installed my GTX 780ti but when I just turn on my PC it just sits at the very first screen I cant even enter Bios... I have tried the update for Bios but it says "System BIOS image is invalid please download patch again" and I cant seem to get anywhere. Anyone have any other ideas?


    Please tell me that you got a new power supply when you purchased that graphics card. If not, that is most likely your problem.

    As far as the BIOS goes you are going to have to try downloading it again and make sure that it is for the correct model. If you install the wrong BIOS you will brick your motherboard. They have a lot of steps to prevent users from installing the wrong BIOS. I wouldn't be surprised if you chose the wrong revision of your board.
  2. jkhoward said:
    Millgo47 said:
    I installed my GTX 780ti but when I just turn on my PC it just sits at the very first screen I cant even enter Bios... I have tried the update for Bios but it says "System BIOS image is invalid please download patch again" and I cant seem to get anywhere. Anyone have any other ideas?


    Please tell me that you got a new power supply when you purchased that graphics card. If not, that is most likely your problem.

    As far as the BIOS goes you are going to have to try downloading it again and make sure that it is for the correct model. If you install the wrong BIOS you will brick your motherboard. They have a lot of steps to prevent users from installing the wrong BIOS. I wouldn't be surprised if you chose the wrong revision of your board.


    I did buy a new power supply, Corsair CX750 which the card says 600W+ so that shouldn't be the problem.
    I went to the HP site and downloaded the exact drivers it says directly on my Motherboard
    They are the latest drivers but wont install for some reason. I'm guessing it might be Windows 8... If that's the case do I have to buy a new motherboard?
  3. What model is the computer?

    If the motherboard originally had Windows 7 and you installed Windows 8 on it I doubt that HP would have a BIOS updater that supports Windows 8 when it was designed for Windows 7.
  4. jkhoward said:
    What model is the computer?

    If the motherboard originally had Windows 7 and you installed Windows 8 on it I doubt that HP would have a BIOS updater that supports Windows 8 when it was designed for Windows 7.


    Yeah it had windows 7 on it... Do you know a decent motherboard I should buy then?
  5. Best answer
    Millgo47 said:
    jkhoward said:
    What model is the computer?

    If the motherboard originally had Windows 7 and you installed Windows 8 on it I doubt that HP would have a BIOS updater that supports Windows 8 when it was designed for Windows 7.


    Yeah it had windows 7 on it... Do you know a decent motherboard I should buy then?



    What kind of processor do you have?

    What kind of memory do you have?

    Do you plan on getting a new case or using the existing one?
  6. I7 3500
    16 gig ram
    coolmaster had 932
    everything has just been upgraded but the motherboard.
  7. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%20600311010%20600093977&IsNodeId=1&name=Core%20i7%20%2f%20i5%20%2f%20i3%20%28LGA1155%29

    Really anything on this page should suite you. It just depends if your case supports Micro ATX or ATX form factor motherboards. ASUS is the best, ASRock is one of the best bangs for the buck.
  8. Just came out of the store with a Asus P8 Z77-V seems like it should work just fine
  9. Lol did you just buy it now?!

    That motherboard will be more than enough!
  10. Just left the store lol now to install it.....
  11. Ahh that cracks me up!

    Have fun installing the new board! If you have any questions please let me know!
  12. I'm sure I will lol I've installed everything but a motherboard before.
  13. Haha, it is quite easy actually. Just make sure that you plug everything in properly and don't damage the CPU pins while moving over the processor.
  14. Yeah there is already a few wires I don't know where they go... Going to have to look alot up on my cell since I have no PC lol.
    there's what seems to be a tiny bronze ground wire or something on my hp board but don't see it on my new board
  15. Also HD audio isn't marked on the Asus, guess I have alot of reading to do. lol
  16. Yeah HP may have some proprietary stuff on their case. You will figure it out!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx BIOS Hewlett Packard CPUs