Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Amd fx 8350 gtx 660 ti vs i5 4670k r9 270x

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 20, 2014 6:52:08 AM

I am looking at two different computers, one with the:
i5 4670k and radeon r9 270
vs the
fx 8350 and geforce gtx 660 ti

im not overclocking, both have sata 3 7200rpm hard drives, 10/100/1000 ethernet port, 600W 80+ bronze certified power supply. oh and windows 8 (dont worry i hate it too dont hurt me!)

i5 hard drive is 2tb, sata 3 7200rpm as opposed to o1tb sata 3 7200rpm
i5 motherboard is gigabyte z97 d3h atx
fx 8350 has 16gb 1333 ram as opposed to 8gb 1600 with i5
fx 8350 motherboard is GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX (copy pasted sorry for caps)

what will perform better for games like minecraft, portal, war thunder, garrys mod and dayz.
Thanks in advance for the help.
*and its the i5 with r9 270x, amd 8350 with gtx 660ti im not switching things around.*

The costs are:
i5 build: 1169.99$ CAD
fx 8350 build: 1329.99$ CAD

EDIT: ive seen some people saying to change a component or two, but situations dictate me not changing any of the builds for budget and other things sake (dont ask), so i just want to know in the end, which build will give me the higher fps for the listed games (and i actually do video edit a little bit, just for compiling videos and posting them to youtube. didnt think it was important, im a noob :D <------Says it all. Damn emoticons


*plz help, no herpes for you. umm..... yay*
June 20, 2014 6:55:21 AM

can we see the rest of the specs please ? of both systems!
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 6:58:36 AM

The i5 4670k and R9 270X will perform better and according to you its cheaper so bonus, take into account that if your going to do video editing the FX 8350 will be better but that 660Ti won't do much for you, 8GB ram with the i5 is all you need for gaming anymore ram is for video editing. I would suggest the I5 and the R9 270X as that would be best out of the two. Goodluck, anymore questions just ask.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2014 7:09:04 AM

The 8350 won't do video editing better for the most part.

The games you listed far prefer Intel CPUs, and the 270x is about equal to the 660 Ti already. The i5 + 270x would definitely be your best bet by far.

If you can, look for the 4690k instead, as it'll let you overclock much better.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2014 7:13:57 AM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
The 8350 won't do video editing better for the most part.

The games you listed far prefer Intel CPUs, and the 270x is about equal to the 660 Ti already. The i5 + 270x would definitely be your best bet by far.

If you can, look for the 4690k instead, as it'll let you overclock much better.


Hes not overclocking so he could save some money by going with a non k i5 chip and an h motherboard and then spend the savings on a better graphics card.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2014 7:21:34 AM

Very good point, I missed the 'not' part lol
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 6:17:24 PM

PC-Noobist said:
The i5 4670k and R9 270X will perform better and according to you its cheaper so bonus, take into account that if your going to do video editing the FX 8350 will be better but that 660Ti won't do much for you, 8GB ram with the i5 is all you need for gaming anymore ram is for video editing. I would suggest the I5 and the R9 270X as that would be best out of the two. Goodluck, anymore questions just ask.


i added to the post i do a tad of video editing, just to compile and post to youtube. i5 still better? and it is upgradable to 32 gigs the ram on the i5 so ya.
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 6:18:50 PM

FireManDude said:
can we see the rest of the specs please ? of both systems!


added more specs
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2014 6:19:45 PM

Poseidon5001 said:
PC-Noobist said:
The i5 4670k and R9 270X will perform better and according to you its cheaper so bonus, take into account that if your going to do video editing the FX 8350 will be better but that 660Ti won't do much for you, 8GB ram with the i5 is all you need for gaming anymore ram is for video editing. I would suggest the I5 and the R9 270X as that would be best out of the two. Goodluck, anymore questions just ask.


i added to the post i do a tad of video editing, just to compile and post to youtube. i5 still better? and it is upgradable to 32 gigs the ram on the i5 so ya.


Saw your edit just now :) 

Yes, the i5 will still be better. That with the 270x will give much better gaming performance, and better general use performance as well. The only way I would say go with the 8350 would be if it was noticeably cheaper, but it doesn't sound that way.
Share
June 20, 2014 6:21:04 PM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
The 8350 won't do video editing better for the most part.

The games you listed far prefer Intel CPUs, and the 270x is about equal to the 660 Ti already. The i5 + 270x would definitely be your best bet by far.

If you can, look for the 4690k instead, as it'll let you overclock much better.


this is helpful for the video editing addition to the post, and it confirms what other people say for i5 and 270x. thanks
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 6:24:44 PM

BleedingEdgeTek said:
Poseidon5001 said:
PC-Noobist said:
The i5 4670k and R9 270X will perform better and according to you its cheaper so bonus, take into account that if your going to do video editing the FX 8350 will be better but that 660Ti won't do much for you, 8GB ram with the i5 is all you need for gaming anymore ram is for video editing. I would suggest the I5 and the R9 270X as that would be best out of the two. Goodluck, anymore questions just ask.


i added to the post i do a tad of video editing, just to compile and post to youtube. i5 still better? and it is upgradable to 32 gigs the ram on the i5 so ya.


Saw your edit just now :) 

Yes, the i5 will still be better. That with the 270x will give much better gaming performance, and better general use performance as well. The only way I would say go with the 8350 would be if it was noticeably cheaper, but it doesn't sound that way.

that reply chain looks confusing. imagine if you replied to this one *winkwink*

thank you, pretty sure this confirms it. ill go with that i guess! (if you were wondering for the non changable parts (yay spelling), a previous computer was returned and got me a gift card instead of real money, they only sold certain parts and so it made complications. theres other things to but again, dont ask. (lol))
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2014 6:53:06 PM

If you really can't change your builds, I recommend the i5 + R9 270X. Those games are CPU intensive, so they require more IPC than lots of cores and also video editing is better with strong IPC. So there you have it.

Saludos desde México
m
0
l
!