Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

I need suggestions and a PSU for a 1440p gaming build.

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Power Supplies
  • Intel i7
  • Corsair
  • Components
  • Build
  • Sapphire
  • Asus
Last response: in Components
June 20, 2014 5:55:25 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on this build and a good PSU to run it.

Here is what i'm considering:

CPU : Intel core i7-4790K with low to moderate OC
MOBO : ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Cooler : Corsair H100i water cooler
PSU : _________
RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz ( i will add another 16GB in the future maybe)
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 (non X) vapor-x tri-x OC version 4GB ( I might add another one in the future )
HDD : WD black (2x or 3x)
SSD : 512GB (1x) , did not decide what brand yet
DVD-RW/CD-RW combo ( i already have one )
Case : Corsair 600T
Asus ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel ( Future addition )

I prefer the PSU to be corsair.

Regarding the case , do i need to go full tower?

If i forgot something , let me know.
Thanks in advance.

More about : suggestions psu 1440p gaming build

a c 354 ) Power supply
a c 310 4 Gaming
a c 153 Ĉ ASUS
June 20, 2014 6:01:34 PM

If you want corsair get the AX860i. The case should be fine.
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 7:16:46 PM

You think a 860w PSU good for future R9 290 crossfire ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
June 20, 2014 10:44:03 PM

TheScorpion said:
Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on this build and a good PSU to run it.

Here is what i'm considering:

CPU : Intel core i7-4790K with low to moderate OC
MOBO : ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Cooler : Corsair H100i water cooler
PSU : _________
RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz ( i will add another 16GB in the future maybe)
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 (non X) vapor-x tri-x OC version 4GB ( I might add another one in the future )
HDD : WD black (2x or 3x)
SSD : 512GB (1x) , did not decide what brand yet
DVD-RW/CD-RW combo ( i already have one )
Case : Corsair 600T
Asus ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel ( Future addition )

I prefer the PSU to be corsair.

Regarding the case , do i need to go full tower?

If i forgot something , let me know.
Thanks in advance.


Get a Corsair RM850 80+ gold certified psu. You do not need to go full tower but if you want you can. You'll have better cooling but the build will be heftier. Also you might consider getting an r9 290x version.
m
0
l
a c 354 ) Power supply
a c 310 4 Gaming
a c 153 Ĉ ASUS
June 21, 2014 4:53:51 PM

Akhil Potukuchi said:
TheScorpion said:
Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on this build and a good PSU to run it.

Here is what i'm considering:

CPU : Intel core i7-4790K with low to moderate OC
MOBO : ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Cooler : Corsair H100i water cooler
PSU : _________
RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz ( i will add another 16GB in the future maybe)
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 (non X) vapor-x tri-x OC version 4GB ( I might add another one in the future )
HDD : WD black (2x or 3x)
SSD : 512GB (1x) , did not decide what brand yet
DVD-RW/CD-RW combo ( i already have one )
Case : Corsair 600T
Asus ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel ( Future addition )

I prefer the PSU to be corsair.

Regarding the case , do i need to go full tower?

If i forgot something , let me know.
Thanks in advance.


Get a Corsair RM850 80+ gold certified psu. You do not need to go full tower but if you want you can. You'll have better cooling but the build will be heftier. Also you might consider getting an r9 290x version.


The RM series uses good primary caps but weaker secondary caps, and for the price there are usually better options. The CS series also uses a cheaper secondary capacitor. For Corsair PSU's it's best to stick with the AX, HX, and TX series.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 21, 2014 10:27:11 PM

bignastyid said:
Akhil Potukuchi said:
TheScorpion said:
Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on this build and a good PSU to run it.

Here is what i'm considering:

CPU : Intel core i7-4790K with low to moderate OC
MOBO : ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
Cooler : Corsair H100i water cooler
PSU : _________
RAM : Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz ( i will add another 16GB in the future maybe)
GPU : Sapphire R9 290 (non X) vapor-x tri-x OC version 4GB ( I might add another one in the future )
HDD : WD black (2x or 3x)
SSD : 512GB (1x) , did not decide what brand yet
DVD-RW/CD-RW combo ( i already have one )
Case : Corsair 600T
Asus ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel ( Future addition )

I prefer the PSU to be corsair.

Regarding the case , do i need to go full tower?

If i forgot something , let me know.
Thanks in advance.


Get a Corsair RM850 80+ gold certified psu. You do not need to go full tower but if you want you can. You'll have better cooling but the build will be heftier. Also you might consider getting an r9 290x version.


The RM series uses good primary caps but weaker secondary caps, and for the price there are usually better options. The CS series also uses a cheaper secondary capacitor. For Corsair PSU's it's best to stick with the AX, HX, and TX series.


I'll agree with you.
m
0
l
June 22, 2014 6:28:30 AM

I will be getting the HX850.

Thank you both for the help.
m
0
l