Solved

How many watts is enough to run this build?

So I am building my first PC gaming build, and I have been researching about parts and I am just wondering if I need just 600w or more for this build.

CPU: Intel i5-4690 3.5ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB and Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
Case: Corsair 200R
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about watts run build
  1. A good 500w PSU will be enough.
  2. For a pc with a GTX760, you need at least 30A on the 12V rail and 500W in total. Get a good power supply per - http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html eg Seasonic 520, XFX550 or Antec HCG 520M
  3. Hi BamItsGrim
    The GeForce GTX 760 requires 30A on the +12v rail and a 500W PSU minimum
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications
    500watts will be ok i would go for 600w or thereabouts for some headroom
    select a quality psu from seasonic / xfx or any psu from corsairs TX,HX or AX range of psu's as they all have high grade japanese capacitors
  4. mickypheonix said:
    Hi BamItsGrim
    The GeForce GTX 760 requires 30A on the +12v rail and a 500W PSU minimum
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications
    500watts will be ok i would go for 600w or thereabouts for some headroom
    select a quality psu from seasonic / xfx or any psu from corsairs TX,HX or AX range of psu's as they all have high grade japanese capacitors


    Are the CX600M reliable?
  5. the cx series have low grade capacitors you would be better with one of the above suggested psu's
  6. mickypheonix said:
    the cx series have low grade capacitors you would be better with one of the above suggested psu's


    I'll get the Seasonic M12II 620w then.
  7. And they have problems with their 24 pin connector not fitting motherboards easily
  8. BamItsGrim said:
    mickypheonix said:
    the cx series have low grade capacitors you would be better with one of the above suggested psu's


    I'll get the Seasonic M12II 620w then.


    good call , that is a quality psu and will serve you well
  9. i7Baby said:
    And they have problems with their 24 pin connector not fitting motherboards easily


    That's really bad. Thank You for telling me!
  10. Best answer
    the Seasonic M12II 620w will be fine for you
  11. Cooler Master GXII 550W RS-550 is also good, have no problems..
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Build Gigabyte Systems