Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Modified a build- need help checking it!

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 21, 2014 8:28:01 AM

Uhh, so taking a build I found, I modified it a little to my needs- I just need help checking it. Is it alright? Is it fine? Or would you much rather Tom's 750$?
Link to mine- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8JFMTW
Tom's- http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-budg...
Thanks!

Best solution

June 21, 2014 8:38:16 AM

I've made changes in your build and give you full ATX mobo at low price than yours. Pl check the build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.12 @ Mwave)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.96 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Share
June 21, 2014 8:39:43 AM

EasyLover said:
I've made changes in your build and give you full ATX mobo at low price than yours. Pl check the build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.12 @ Mwave)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.96 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


Whoah, what did you change? and is this build good?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 21, 2014 8:42:05 AM

Fayzd said:
EasyLover said:
I've made changes in your build and give you full ATX mobo at low price than yours. Pl check the build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.12 @ Mwave)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.96 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


Whoah, what did you change? and is this build good?


I removed the CPU Cooler becuase you don't need aftermarket cpu cooler on factory locked CPU. Intel stock cooler will be fine.

I changed the PC Case to NZXT Source 210

I changed the mobo to H87 MSI G43

Yes this is a good build dear.
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 8:42:51 AM

EasyLover said:
Fayzd said:
EasyLover said:
I've made changes in your build and give you full ATX mobo at low price than yours. Pl check the build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ptp4Bm/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.12 @ Mwave)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.96 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $848.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


Whoah, what did you change? and is this build good?


I removed the CPU Cooler becuase you don't need aftermarket cpu cooler on factory locked CPU. Intel stock cooler will be fine.

I changed the PC Case to NZXT Source 210

I changed the mobo to H87 MSI G43

Yes this is a good build dear.


Also; it says something about the case not fitting the GPU; is there a way to change to a bigger case please?
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 8:45:15 AM

No need to change to bigger case. Just remove one of the HDD bays and card would fit in.
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 8:48:11 AM

Ok. To address your query in order to save hassle check this build. This is without any compatibility issues

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hYgmFT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hYgmFT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.94 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.12 @ Mwave)
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.96 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($335.91 @ Newegg)
Case: Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $855.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
m
0
l
!