Solved

Install new anti virus and laptop is taking a lot longer to boot.

Today I installed avast free anti virus and ccleaner from filehippo. Later on I shutdown my laptop and booted it 2 hours later. While starting up after the welcome screen, the screen went black with the cursor and it took 1.30 mins to get to the desktop. I use windows 7. What should I do.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install anti virus laptop taking lot longer boot
  1. Best answer
    Skoodger said:
    Today I installed avast free anti virus and ccleaner from filehippo. Later on I shutdown my laptop and booted it 2 hours later. While starting up after the welcome screen, the screen went black with the cursor and it took 1.30 mins to get to the desktop. I use windows 7. What should I do.


    What is now running in Startup? Is the AV doing a full scan every time you boot up?
  2. USAFRet said:
    Skoodger said:
    Today I installed avast free anti virus and ccleaner from filehippo. Later on I shutdown my laptop and booted it 2 hours later. While starting up after the welcome screen, the screen went black with the cursor and it took 1.30 mins to get to the desktop. I use windows 7. What should I do.


    What is now running in Startup? Is the AV doing a full scan every time you boot up?


    I have not checked, will check that. Also is there anyway to make the scan go faster because even the quick scan takes a while
  3. Skoodger said:
    USAFRet said:
    Skoodger said:
    Today I installed avast free anti virus and ccleaner from filehippo. Later on I shutdown my laptop and booted it 2 hours later. While starting up after the welcome screen, the screen went black with the cursor and it took 1.30 mins to get to the desktop. I use windows 7. What should I do.


    What is now running in Startup? Is the AV doing a full scan every time you boot up?


    I have not checked, will check that. Also is there anyway to make the scan go faster because even the quick scan takes a while


    No reason to have the AV scan run every time you boot up.
  4. I haven't run anti-virus on my own computer in many years...

    My wife's and kid's computer though, wrap that whole thing in latex.
  5. I stopped avast from running on startup but It has not made a difference
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Systems Antivirus