Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Audio jack retasking/realtek driver settings in regedit

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2014 3:51:16 PM

My headphone jack to my laptop broke and I found a way to remap the microphone jack into a headphone jack, (Google reaper x retask if you need to do the same) it works well...but the problem is the microphone jack doesn't have access to the internal headphone amplifier, so unless I use an amplifier the sound is weak and quiet. Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier? I am fine going through Regedit or doing pretty much whatever if there is a solution. I have Realtek 6.0.1.6305 drivers (and can update, but others don't have MaxxAudio) and the codec is ALC269. Thanks in advanced for any and all help.
a c 242 D Laptop
June 22, 2014 4:45:29 PM

Hi, what is the make and model of your laptop?
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 22, 2014 5:15:00 PM

Toshiba P745-S4102, both the headphone and microphone jack are the same piece of hardware if that helps anything.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2014 6:27:52 AM

Bump.
m
0
l
a c 242 D Laptop
June 23, 2014 6:37:54 AM

attk mast3r said:
Toshiba P745-S4102, both the headphone and microphone jack are the same piece of hardware if that helps anything.


Hi, you say you have one jack for both.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2014 10:20:43 PM

jarotech said:
attk mast3r said:
Toshiba P745-S4102, both the headphone and microphone jack are the same piece of hardware if that helps anything.


Hi, you say you have one jack for both.


They're separate jacks that are the same piece of hardware, (same model number, essentially the same thing) what they are can be changed in the registry.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 242 D Laptop
June 24, 2014 6:17:12 AM

It will be easier to change the headphone jack for a new one, if you know someone who could do that.

You ask : "Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier?"

The sound is coming from the amplifier, but for the microphone you have a capacitor and a resistor who is higher than the one for the headphones.
This is the reason the sound is weak, until you change the resistors, you can't change the strength of the signal from the audio chip.
Share
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2014 1:49:09 PM

jarotech said:
It will be easier to change the headphone jack for a new one, if you know someone who could do that.

You ask : "Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier?"

The sound is coming from the amplifier, but for the microphone you have a capacitor and a resistor who is higher than the one for the headphones.
This is the reason the sound is weak, until you change the resistors, you can't change the strength of the signal from the audio chip.


Thanks, looks like I'll either have to risk it and do it myself or just deal with it.
m
0
l
!