120/144 Hz on a console???

G

I am looking into getting a monitor for my xbox 360. I don't think it matters what games I play for my question, but I mainly play COD and racing games.

Is it necessary to spend up to 100 dollars or more on a 120 or 144 hz monitor instead of a settling for a 60 hz monitor when it is just a console? I know the most I can get out of an xbox is 60 fps. I hear there can be lag on the higher end monitors if it is just on a console. What about the display. How is the monitor going to display the image if it is only 60hz? Will it look pretty bad and blurry or crisp?

Thanks to all who help.

Solution
No, do not get a 120 hz monitor for consoles. It will make ABSOLUTELY no difference.

The "Hz" on a monitor is basically the frame rate that the monitor displays things at. People with super powerful PC's can play games at 120+ fps and thus get 120 Hz monitors.

However, the xbox 360 almost NEVER goes above 60 fps and wouldn't utilize the 120hz monitor one bit. So, no, stick with a 60 Hz monitor unless you're getting a really good PC.

Edit: And actually, this not only applies to the 360, but also to the Xbox One and PS4.
G

So what would be my best bet? Spend more money for more hz or save back for 60Hz. I really don't want to leash out the extra money but I will if I have to.

OzMartini

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
No, do not get a 120 hz monitor for consoles. It will make ABSOLUTELY no difference.

The "Hz" on a monitor is basically the frame rate that the monitor displays things at. People with super powerful PC's can play games at 120+ fps and thus get 120 Hz monitors.

However, the xbox 360 almost NEVER goes above 60 fps and wouldn't utilize the 120hz monitor one bit. So, no, stick with a 60 Hz monitor unless you're getting a really good PC.

Edit: And actually, this not only applies to the 360, but also to the Xbox One and PS4.

Solution
G

Ok. That is what I thought. Thank you so much. :lol: