Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Black screen on startup

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
June 23, 2014 1:54:24 PM

I built my PC about 6 months ago, and just now when i startup my PC i get a black blueish black screen with nothing on it and windows doesn't start up I'm not sure what this is, I can go into my motherboard bios just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

PC specs: AMD radeon r9 270, fx 6300, xfx 600w psu, Asus M5A97 LE r2, 2 x 4 gb ram


More about : black screen startup

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2014 2:07:25 PM

1. have you try to get to safe mode?
2. check your mobo bios to see if it detect the hard drive
3. use windows cd/dvd/usb media to do a system repair
Share
June 23, 2014 2:15:32 PM

It wont go into safe mode and it detects my Hard Drvie. Is the windows cd the one that i used to install windows 7?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2014 2:17:34 PM

Cyber007 said:
...Is the windows cd the one that i used to install windows 7?


Yes, boot from that W7 DVD. You might need to change the Boot Order in Bios to boot from DVD or use Boot Menu options to boot from DVD (prolly not need since windows does not load).
Startup Repair in Windows 7
m
0
l
June 23, 2014 2:25:26 PM

supasieu said:
1. have you try to get to safe mode?
2. check your mobo bios to see if it detect the hard drive
3. use windows cd/dvd/usb media to do a system repair


supasieu said:
Cyber007 said:
...Is the windows cd the one that i used to install windows 7?


Yes, boot from that W7 DVD. You might need to change the Boot Order in Bios to boot from DVD or use Boot Menu options to boot from DVD (prolly not need since windows does not load).
Startup Repair in Windows 7


Thanks for the help!
m
0
l
!