Solved

Found a cheap custom GeForce GTX650 on ebay. Need confirmation that it'll work properly and smoothly for mid-range gaming.

Here are the specifications:

Model - GeForceGTX650
Memory Size - 2 GB
Applicable Type - Desktops
Core Code - GK106
Manufacturing Process - 28nm
Core Frequency - 980mHz
Memory Type - Support DDR3
Memory Capacity - 2048MB
Memory Interface - 384bit
Memory Frequency - 6008mHz
Memory Bandwidth - 144.2GB / S
Directx Version - Directx 11
Graphics Interface - PCI Express 3.0 x 16
Weight - 516 g

The main thing that caught my eye was that the memory bus/interface is quite big, but then again the memory type is DDR3 and not DDR5. Would this even itself out or would i be better off with a 192-bit version of the card WITH DDR5? Every thing else looks suburb, but i just need to be sure. THANKS!

I currently have a crappy Intel core 2 duo E6600, but I'm planning to swap it out for an AMD FX-6300. I have the 32-bit version of windows vista and 4 gb of RAM. I also have a 500 watt psu.

Here's the link to the ebay page incase anyone needs it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360936775230?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about found cheap custom geforce gtx650 ebay confirmation work properly smoothly mid range gaming
  1. Yeah thats garbage. Seems like a significant amount of folks have posted about that here lately, its fake.
  2. vrumor said:
    Yeah thats garbage. Seems like a significant amount of folks have posted about that here lately, its fake.


    How is it garbage? The specs look good. And the guy already sold like 130 of them
  3. Best answer
    Refer here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/751379/nvidia-geforce-gtx650-2gb-384bit-ddr3-pci-e-fake-/?offset=5

    Notice how the pictures linked are identical? 384 bit interface on ddr3?

    Just look up gtx 650 ddr3. It dosent exist. If you type it in and go to google images, you will see several pictures like the one on ebay, linking to the same "card" One of them is labeled as a 680.
  4. Trust us, they are not genuine graphics cards. They are cards that are supposed to look like GTX650s, and even trick the GPU-Z software into thinking they are 650s, but trust me they are not.

    Ways to defect a fake:

    1. The item is usually listed on eBay, to be shipped without the manufacturers packaging (BIG red flag)

    2. The cooling system looks nothing like anything that can be found on a legitimate PC Part website (e.g. newegg, not amazon though as people can list things on amazon similar to how they can on ebay).

    3. The card is coming from China, I'm not saying all products or GPUs from China are fake, but if either 1. or 2. apply, AND the card is coming from china, then simply stay away

    EDIT: As above, if you cannot find the card by simply searching for the specs shown on the eBay post, then it's not a genuine nVidia card, it is fake.

    EDIT2: Also notice that the listing doesn't once mention the name nvidia, just GeForce GTX650 (Which is copyrighted btw). They try and get around eBays rules by not stating that the card is an nvidia card, yet they are using a copyrighted name.
  5. Why are you getting defensive OP? YOU asked for help on that fake card. smh
  6. vrumor said:
    Why are you getting defensive OP? YOU asked for help on that fake card. smh


    To be fair he did raise a valid point, a LOT of people have bought this card and probably used it, thinking it was a good GPU, not realising the card is fake and, therefore, left positive feedback. He (unknowingly) raised the biggest flaw in eBay's feedback system.
  7. ^This is true. 2 years ago I would have been down to buy said card, but almost 2 years working on PCs has given me the knowledge to see that is a fake card just by looking at it. Most people who have knowledge on PCs dont buy from ebay, so there is no feedback from us. Mainly the feedback is from users who stick it in their rig and dont ask questions.
  8. The reason why its selling is because the majority of people, even people who use this forum, have absolutely no clue what is in their PC, or even whats good. Thats why this forums exists, to educate people about PC hardware. Took all of 3 seconds for me to feel like it is not on the up and up.
  9. I've seen that one before on eBay too. It's not even from a GPU manufacturer (ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, etc.) Seems definitely fake to me. If you want to buy a GPU, buy it from Newegg, NCIX, or other confirmed and reputable retailer.
  10. Thank you guys so much. You've all been really helpful. However, I'm considering buying this Radeon HD 7770 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201114079081?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) he didn't post a lot of info, but he did send me a few pics. These pictures are the same card as the stock photo and it comes in original packaging.

    I know i shouldn't be looking for cards on ebay but I'm sorta tight on money. Thanks guys.
  11. kiwiheadkev said:
    Thank you guys so much. You've all been really helpful. However, I'm considering buying this Radeon HD 7770 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201114079081?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) he didn't post a lot of info, but he did send me a few pics. These pictures are the same card as the stock photo and it comes in original packaging.

    I know i shouldn't be looking for cards on ebay but I'm sorta tight on money. Thanks guys.


    Ask him what the card was previously used for and how long it was used for, if he says mining, stay way. I'm sure he won't with it being a 7770, and the preferred cards for mining being the r9 280/280x/290/290x, but still it's worth asking. Also ask whether it has DDR3 or GDDR5 RAM
  12. CGurrell said:
    kiwiheadkev said:
    Thank you guys so much. You've all been really helpful. However, I'm considering buying this Radeon HD 7770 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201114079081?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) he didn't post a lot of info, but he did send me a few pics. These pictures are the same card as the stock photo and it comes in original packaging.

    I know i shouldn't be looking for cards on ebay but I'm sorta tight on money. Thanks guys.


    Ask him what the card was previously used for and how long it was used for, if he says mining, stay way. I'm sure he won't with it being a 7770, and the preferred cards for mining being the r9 280/280x/290/290x, but still it's worth asking. Also ask whether it has DDR3 or GDDR5 RAM


    The guy said that it was used to "run an hd monitor off a gaming pc" and for the ram he said, "The 1gb VRAM is what came installed the card - please read the manufacturers specification for exact details. 1GB GDDR5 dedicated ram manufacturer installed."
  13. It's up to you then man. The card looks legit but the condition is otherwise unknown.
  14. It's your money, but if you're really trying to scrimp on money, why not just buy one open box or refurbished from somewhere that will back you up with a legit warranty?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202084R
  15. I know this is answered but this is just hilarious.
    I found a GTX 780 Ti (supposedly) with the same fan, selling for $93.
    Apparently, it's a DX10 card with 2 GB DDR3 VRAM.
    Don't believe me? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GTX780-OEM-2G-384bit-DDR3-PCI-E-NVIDIA-Geforce-Desktop-PC-Game-Video-Graphic-Card-surpass/1763114730.html

    He's also selling a HD 6570 for... $110? Just scroll down that page to see some other fishy things.
  16. That is funny, but it gets sad... "15 orders"
  17. Everyone just report him to eBay, they'll hopefully get him taken down and notify everyone who bought the fake cards (ebay money back guarantee should kick in really).
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Nvidia Core Memory Ebay Geforce Graphics Graphics Cards Directx