Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

I am planning to build a gaming desktop what would be a good build for one with a price at about 1500$ to 1600$ dollars?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Desktops
  • Build
  • Components
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
June 23, 2014 5:21:09 PM

i just need a build for a gaming desktop with all the components i will need.

More about : planning build gaming desktop good build price 1500 1600 dollars

a c 1153 à CPUs
a c 576 4 Gaming
June 23, 2014 5:24:09 PM

Does this include monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers?
m
1
l
June 23, 2014 5:30:45 PM

yes except for the mouse
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 1153 à CPUs
a c 576 4 Gaming
June 23, 2014 5:32:22 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($143.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.30 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card ($409.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Acer G246HLAbd 60Hz 24.0" Monitor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Speakers: Logitech Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers ($39.38 @ Amazon)
Total: $1575.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
m
1
l
a c 158 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
June 23, 2014 6:11:18 PM

The build below should include everything, even a WiFi PCI card. If you're not planning to use WiFi, you could replace it with an Ethernet cable. Also feel free to replace the case, monitor, keyboard or any other component. You can also add a SSD if you desire; you should still be within your budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($88.99 @ Mwave)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($391.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Samsung S24D300HL 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Encore ENLWI-N3 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter ($10.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master Blade Master 76.8 CFM 120mm Fan ($9.81 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($25.99 @ Best Buy)
Speakers: Logitech Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers ($39.38 @ Amazon)
Total: $1475.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

All the best. :) 
m
0
l
June 23, 2014 6:30:15 PM

Obnoxious said:
The build below should include everything, even a WiFi PCI card. If you're not planning to use WiFi, you could replace it with an Ethernet cable. Also feel free to replace the case, monitor, keyboard or any other component. You can also add a SSD if you desire; you should still be within your budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($88.99 @ Mwave)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($391.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Samsung S24D300HL 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Encore ENLWI-N3 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter ($10.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Cooler Master Blade Master 76.8 CFM 120mm Fan ($9.81 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($25.99 @ Best Buy)
Speakers: Logitech Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers ($39.38 @ Amazon)
Total: $1475.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

All the best. :) 


A xeon, really?
m
0
l
a c 158 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
June 23, 2014 6:40:31 PM

joseph0205 said:
A xeon, really?


Damn, you're right haha. I could have gone with an i7-4790 and still be in budget. Not that it's much of an issue, at least we're keeping the costs down. :D 

The Xeon E3-1230v3 is similar in performance to an i7, but at a discounted price from the i7. ;) 
m
0
l
June 23, 2014 7:00:01 PM

Obnoxious said:
joseph0205 said:
A xeon, really?


Damn, you're right haha. I could have gone with an i7-4790 and still be in budget. Not that it's much of an issue, at least we're keeping the costs down. :D 

The Xeon E3-1230v3 is similar in performance to an i7, but at a discounted price from the i7. ;) 


even if he got a 4690(k) it would still do for any game :p 
m
0
l
a c 1153 à CPUs
a c 576 4 Gaming
June 24, 2014 9:09:16 AM

A 1230v3 will perform similar to an i7 4770 for just a bit more than a 4690k, and doesn't need a more expensive motherboard or cooling, so actually comes out a bit cheaper. ;) 
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 5:08:18 PM

logainofhades said:
A 1230v3 will perform similar to an i7 4770 for just a bit more than a 4690k, and doesn't need a more expensive motherboard or cooling, so actually comes out a bit cheaper. ;) 


really? they are that comparable? well you learn something new every day :p 
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1153 à CPUs
a c 576 4 Gaming
June 25, 2014 6:33:38 AM

Yes they are. Superbiiz has the haswell refresh 1231v3 for about the same price as the 1230v3 right now. I would go with that, if you can get one. I modified the build Obnoxious did to include a crossfire capable motherboard and a PSU to handle it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($118.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($139.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($391.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.73 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: XFX 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($123.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Samsung S24D300HL 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Encore ENLWI-N3 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter ($10.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Microsoft APB-00001 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($21.99 @ B&H)
Speakers: Logitech Z313 25W 2.1ch Speakers ($39.38 @ Amazon)
Total: $1476.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Share
Related resources