Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this a good build ? 1150$ Gaming / Video Edit (light)

Tags:
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
June 24, 2014 2:16:08 AM

Hello guys,

So I will order the parts next week, I just need a final check.

My original build idea was around 750$, then I started to get into it, and saved a little bit more, and here I am... with a 160$ mobo...

Anyway, please let me know what could be improve.

Worth noting that in my country (Switzerland) the GTX 770 is cheaper than the R9 280X.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($313.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($93.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1144.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

More about : good build 1150 gaming video edit light

June 24, 2014 2:23:10 AM

juve9le said:
Hello guys,

So I will order the parts next week, I just need a final check.

My original build idea was around 750$, then I started to get into it, and saved a little bit more, and here I am... with a 160$ mobo...

Anyway, please let me know what could be improve.

Worth noting that in my country (Switzerland) the GTX 770 is cheaper than the R9 280X.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($313.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($93.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1144.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


The cpu or the gpu.Well i dunno on what res you want to play and what fps you want to get on what settings this build is good for medium-high fxaa max msaa 2x for 50-60 fps on 1080p if you want more performance get gtx 780 and a i7 4th gen cause nowaday games need powerful cpu like watch dogs.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:27:53 AM

Nice build. Consider changing the PSU to Seasonic/XFX series 600w 80+ series.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 24, 2014 2:31:31 AM

You sir, are bad for me!

I already went from 750$ budget to $1150

Please stop the bleeding ;) 

So I mostly play CS:GO and might go back to WoW, and I also spend time on bioshock infinite.

Do not plan on playing a broken game yet (watch dogs)

Even though I feel this build can run it easily

Denis Stoikovski said:
juve9le said:
Hello guys,

So I will order the parts next week, I just need a final check.

My original build idea was around 750$, then I started to get into it, and saved a little bit more, and here I am... with a 160$ mobo...

Anyway, please let me know what could be improve.

Worth noting that in my country (Switzerland) the GTX 770 is cheaper than the R9 280X.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($313.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($93.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1144.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


The cpu or the gpu.Well i dunno on what res you want to play and what fps you want to get on what settings this build is good for medium-high fxaa max msaa 2x for 50-60 fps on 1080p if you want more performance get gtx 780 and a i7 4th gen cause nowaday games need powerful cpu like watch dogs.


m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:36:27 AM

I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 24, 2014 2:38:16 AM

Don't underestimate this build. It is powerful one indeed. You don't need i7 to play games only. i5 4690k is quad core haswel refresh CPU with promises of efficient overclocking. GTX 770 is good enough for most of the games if not all.
Share
June 24, 2014 2:41:01 AM

The gtx 770 2gb is enough for 1080p gaming as is. The gains from an i5 to an i7 is marginal and not worth the extra 100USD.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:42:32 AM

Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Yes I was thinking about doing that, however here in Switzerland, PSUs are kinda pricey... Won't the CX do the job ? I know it does know have the best components, but it still a good/decent PSU no?

For the CPU cooler, I heard very good things about those Phanteks, moreover, it is silly, but they look really nice.

And in Switzerland it will only be a 12$ saving
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:49:20 AM

Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Will this do the trick ? in 620W
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:50:16 AM

EasyLover said:
Don't underestimate this build. It is powerful one indeed. You don't need i7 to play games only. i5 4690k is quad core haswel refresh CPU with promises of efficient overclocking. GTX 770 is good enough for most of the games if not all.


Try to drive fast in watch dogs with this i5 cpu.Yes the cpu is good indeed but for 60 fps in watch dogs i7 3th or 4th gen is needed its just poorly optimizated gamei have exp with 770 and i barely get 60 fps on anything with 1440x900 so that talks for itself.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:51:27 AM

juve9le said:
Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Yes I was thinking about doing that, however here in Switzerland, PSUs are kinda pricey... Won't the CX do the job ? I know it does know have the best components, but it still a good/decent PSU no?

For the CPU cooler, I heard very good things about those Phanteks, moreover, it is silly, but they look really nice.

And in Switzerland it will only be a 12$ saving


Whatever cooler you choose, pl make sure that it is compatible with your microATX mobo. Sometimes, the size of air coolers is large enough that only ATX size mobos support them.

Phantec is a good name when it comes to air coolers. But the best in class comes from Noctua. CM EVO 212 is a budget oriented cooler with amazing results.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:54:01 AM

EasyLover said:
juve9le said:
Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Yes I was thinking about doing that, however here in Switzerland, PSUs are kinda pricey... Won't the CX do the job ? I know it does know have the best components, but it still a good/decent PSU no?

For the CPU cooler, I heard very good things about those Phanteks, moreover, it is silly, but they look really nice.

And in Switzerland it will only be a 12$ saving


Whatever cooler you choose, pl make sure that it is compatible with your microATX mobo. Sometimes, the size of air coolers is large enough that only ATX size mobos support them.

Phantec is a good name when it comes to air coolers. But the best in class comes from Noctua. CM EVO 212 is a budget oriented cooler with amazing results.


Thanks for the reply.

The CM Evo seems actually really amazing in term of performance, but I read it can be relatively noisy. Moreover, I could not find it here in Switzerland (no more stock).

So what about the CM hyper evo 412s ? Heard about that ? It is 20$ less than the Phantek
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 2:55:45 AM

juve9le said:
EasyLover said:
juve9le said:
Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Yes I was thinking about doing that, however here in Switzerland, PSUs are kinda pricey... Won't the CX do the job ? I know it does know have the best components, but it still a good/decent PSU no?

For the CPU cooler, I heard very good things about those Phanteks, moreover, it is silly, but they look really nice.

And in Switzerland it will only be a 12$ saving


Whatever cooler you choose, pl make sure that it is compatible with your microATX mobo. Sometimes, the size of air coolers is large enough that only ATX size mobos support them.

Phantec is a good name when it comes to air coolers. But the best in class comes from Noctua. CM EVO 212 is a budget oriented cooler with amazing results.


Thanks for the reply.

The CM Evo seems actually really amazing in term of performance, but I read it can be relatively noisy. Moreover, I could not find it here in Switzerland (no more stock).

So what about the CM hyper evo 412s ? Heard about that ? It is 20$ less than the Phantek


If it is not available then go for Phantek.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 3:00:32 AM

EasyLover said:
juve9le said:
EasyLover said:
juve9le said:
Calnin said:
I'd get a better PSU maybe an XFX/Seasonic/Antec/PC Power and Cooling. If you have to sacrifice from somewhere, swap get a hyper 212 evo and use the money to get a better psu.


Yes I was thinking about doing that, however here in Switzerland, PSUs are kinda pricey... Won't the CX do the job ? I know it does know have the best components, but it still a good/decent PSU no?

For the CPU cooler, I heard very good things about those Phanteks, moreover, it is silly, but they look really nice.

And in Switzerland it will only be a 12$ saving


Whatever cooler you choose, pl make sure that it is compatible with your microATX mobo. Sometimes, the size of air coolers is large enough that only ATX size mobos support them.

Phantec is a good name when it comes to air coolers. But the best in class comes from Noctua. CM EVO 212 is a budget oriented cooler with amazing results.


Thanks for the reply.

The CM Evo seems actually really amazing in term of performance, but I read it can be relatively noisy. Moreover, I could not find it here in Switzerland (no more stock).

So what about the CM hyper evo 412s ? Heard about that ? It is 20$ less than the Phantek


If it is not available then go for Phantek.



Thanks EasyLover, and Calnin for the help.

I will order parts tomorrow.

Really appreciate your inputs on this.

FYI: the build will cost me 1430$... here with Swiss prices.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 3:03:34 AM

Good luck dear
m
0
l
!