$1000 budget Gaming PC [SINGAPORE]

vaezi

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
Hi there, im a Singaporean student looking to custom build a $1000 gaming pc, but don't trust myself as im scared i will screw things up (first time doing this but have done some reading these stuff). I would prefer to buy the parts from a pretty trusted store (Fuwell at SimLim) so hopefully their latest price list may be used: http://fuwell.com.sg/uploads/misc/Fuwell210614.pdf
Appreciate the help. Im 15 and have a 5 year old laptop that seems to be ready to give up on me anytime soon.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within a month

Budget Range: SGD800 - 1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(FPS, LoL) -> Movies/Videos -> Internet surfing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: -

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: As I stated above, Fuwell price list preferred but I will be happy with any pricings, will work a way to get the prices converted to SGD :D

Parts Preferences: absolutely open, seeking advice and hopefully achieve the best build I can get!

Overclocking: Maybe (if necessary)

SLI or Crossfire: Hmm, not exactly sure what's this, gotta do some reading

Your Monitor Resolution: Gotta buy one, no monitor atm

Additional Comments: I do run multiple things at one time, sometimes even playing games while watching a movie. Prefer at least i5 intel processor and perhaps a build around HD7850(someone please advice if this is old or there's simply better cards out there now). I don't really require much internal hard disk space(i think 500GB will do, please advice if 1TB will make any significant difference).

That's all the info I can provide! Thanks in advance for all the help, looking forward to reading what you guys have!

Alpha3031

Honorable
Asrock H97 Pro + 4150: 311
G-Skill RipJawX 1866MHz CL9: 119
Seagate 7200rpm 1 TB (2Yrs) 110
MSI R7 250 1GB GDDR5 OC Edition: 165
ViewSonic 19.5” VA2046M: 135
CMaster V550S 550W 80+ Gold Modular (5Yrs): 129
CM HAF 912 (Advanced) w/USB 3.0: 139

Total of the above: 1108

MS Windows 8.1 (64bit) OEM....................Ask

Over your budget :(

vaezi

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
Hey Alpha3031, thanks!
I guess I can spare a 100 bucks more but I was wondering if I go for a 500GB hard disk instead of 1TB, can I cut enough cost to improve another aspect like the CPU. Also, what would it mean if I go for 500GB, is having that 1TB really important? Or is it simply more hard disk space, I've been using this current laptop for 5 yrs now and never reached over 500GB worth of stuff.

Perhaps I can negotiate and get my budget up to $1200, going over by a little is fine, can that significantly improve the build? I wanna get a good build once and for all and stick with it. Thanks so much!

Alpha3031

Honorable
It's fine to go 500GB though I really don't see you saving much money; right now, the thing that needs the most improving is the GPU, so if you'd want to, spend on that, though be sure to get small upgrades every few years.

Awesomenatorrad

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Very easy follow my build from amazon:
Most of my products are amazonglobalsaver so you can have free shipping except that you need to pay singapore high import charge. Do not buy from sls or funan. They are really overpriced.

CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master Seidon 120M - PC CPU Liquid Water Cooling System
(I could not add a larger cooler due to the small case size)

Power Supply:
EVGA Supernova 850 B2 Power Supply

GPU:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Overclocked 4GB GBBR5
(though I would like to get gtx 980 sli at the end of the year)

SSD:
Kingston Digital 120GB

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4690K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

Motherboard:
MSI Computer Corp. Z87M GAMING

Ram:
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz

Case:
Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 Mini Tower Case