Solved

Front Panel Connector layout on HP Desktop

I've got an HP Pro 3330 Microtower with an Intel i5 3470. It came with a Foxconn 17A0 motherboard installed. I'm planning to upgrade the motherboard to an Intel DH77EB. Will it fit in my case? Also I'm not sure of the front panel connection. The front panel connection wires in my HP Cabinet has a fixed 9 pin connector instead of the individual labeled pins on other non-OEM cases. Will the same connector fit in the Intel motherboard. Can someone provide me a diagram of the front panel connector pinout of my current motherboard please.
Please suggest.
Thanks


Link to my current PC: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=5160080#!tab=features

Link to the motherboard I plan to upgrade to: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dh77eb.html
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about front panel connector layout desktop
  1. ajitesh said:
    I've got an HP Pro 3330 Microtower with an Intel i5 3470. It came with a Foxconn 17A0 motherboard installed. I'm planning to upgrade the motherboard to a GIGABYTE GA-B75-D3H. Will it fit in my case? ...


    Both Mobo are microATX, it should be fit.
  2. supasieu said:
    ajitesh said:
    I've got an HP Pro 3330 Microtower with an Intel i5 3470. It came with a Foxconn 17A0 motherboard installed. I'm planning to upgrade the motherboard to a GIGABYTE GA-B75-D3H. Will it fit in my case? ...


    Both Mobo are microATX, it should be fit.

    What about the front panel connections?
  3. ajitesh said:

    What about the front panel connections?

    I'm guessing its the front Audio and USB ports, can you post an image of it? Some manufacture had it custom made to the Mobo layout.
  4. supasieu said:
    ajitesh said:

    What about the front panel connections?

    I'm guessing its the front Audio and USB ports, can you post an image of it? Some manufacture had it custom made to the Mobo layout.

    I'm sure the front audio and USB ports are universal. I'm worried about the front panel connector (Power LED, HDD LED, Power Switch). The front panel connector is a single plug as compared to the seperated ones on other cases.
  5. Best answer
    Locate your old motherboard and connect the front-panel-connector to its original. Write down which pair goes to which connection, the (Power LED, HDD LED, Power Switch, Reset, Speaker) should be printed on the old motherboard. You will need to custom mod these wire to work/connect on the new board, you also need some motherboard internal header cable. Can you take a picture and upload the image for us to look at the connector?
    That's my suggestion, but others Tom's Expert may have better solutions to this.
  6. supasieu said:
    Locate your old motherboard and connect the front-panel-connector to its original. Write down which pair goes to which connection, the (Power LED, HDD LED, Power Switch, Reset, Speaker) should be printed on the old motherboard. You will need to custom mod these wire to work/connect on the new board, you also need some motherboard internal header cable. Can you take a picture and upload the image for us to look at the connector?
    That's my suggestion, but others Tom's Expert may have better solutions to this.


    It's a 10 pin connector with 1 blank pin (9 pins in total). Unfortunately there are no labels printed for the front panel connector. If they were, I wouldn't have posted the question. Also what do mean by you also need some motherboard internal header cable?
    Here are the photos of the front panel connector
    http://postimg.org/image/cvy1uvxcr/
    http://postimg.org/image/joyer5o63/
    http://postimg.org/image/ivlsyji57/
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Front Panel Motherboards