Solved

Help me build a gaming/streaming computer. I'm willing to spend up to $3000, but it doesn't need to reach that amount

I've never built a computer and basically know nothing about building one so I'm looking more for a website that lets me customize what goes in and they build it for me.

I don't know what to put in the computer either so that's where you guys can help me out!

I plan to stream/watch videos/play games most of every day so keep that in mind.
Thanks!

Approximate Purchase Date: August 2014

Budget Range: 1000-3000 total

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, streaming, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes (3)

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Location: NYC - USA

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know, whichever is better i guess

Monitor Resolution: whatever is good without going overboard to the point I wouldn't notice a difference

Additional Comments: Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build gaming streaming computer spend 3000 reach amount
  1. http://pcpartpicker.com/

    will let you customize the PC you want with all the components you desire and will find the best prices based on your location. It will also give you the estimated total price (shipping included). It takes some time to build your PC to your liking but it is a great website :)
  2. nickvallee said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/

    will let you customize the PC you want with all the components you desire and will find the best prices based on your location. It will also give you the estimated total price (shipping included). It takes some time to build your PC to your liking but it is a great website :)


    right... but what do i put in it
  3. Best answer
    Please edit your post to include all the information in the *How to Ask for New Build or Upgrade Advice* sticky so we can offer meaningful advice.
  4. While I'm waiting for more information, here is a build that includes everything including OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers. It includes a very high-end PSU with enough power to add another GTX 780 Ti in SLI later if needed.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($108.58 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($175.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Samsung S27C350H 27.0" Monitor ($259.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T6160 50W 5.1ch Speakers ($84.44 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $2558.86
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  5. PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FKWsnQ
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FKWsnQ/by_merchant/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($319.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($27.98 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($9.15 @ B&H)
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1494.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    Its way under budget but will save you some cash for upgrades in the future.

    CPU: Good value and good for overclocking
    CPU Cooler: Better in cooling than the stock cooler that comes with the CPU. Will be important when overclocking since alot of heat is generated
    Motherboard: A "overclocking friendly" motherboard and good for future upgrades
    Memory: Might want to get 16GB
    Storage: SSD for your boot drive which has operating system installed on it. Western Caviar HD for storage space.
    Case: Originall 100$ but its on a good discount now so Id buy it if you can soon
    Powersupply: On the high side but will last you a long time and is of great quality
    Optical drive: For your dvd and cds
    Monitor: Might want to get a better monitor more suited for gaming but this one should do decently
    Wireless network adapter: To enable wifi on your computer for internet
    Keyboard: Not sure about this one I just chose a standard old style keyboard
    Mouse: Good for gaming in specific

    computer will be able to play pretty much any game on high settings.
  6. shortstuff_mt said:
    Please edit your post to include all the information in the *How to Ask for New Build or Upgrade Advice* sticky so we can offer meaningful advice.


    shortstuff_mt said:
    While I'm waiting for more information, here is a build that includes everything including OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers. It includes a very high-end PSU with enough power to add another GTX 780 Ti in SLI later if needed.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($108.58 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($719.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($175.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Samsung S27C350H 27.0" Monitor ($259.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T6160 50W 5.1ch Speakers ($84.44 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $2558.86
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    I threw in some more information, do you think you would change anything with this additional info?
  7. No, the build I suggested would work great for your intended use and budget. It's a very high-end system that will perform great. The only thing that could change the suggestions is the purchase date. If you really aren't going to build until August then you should probably come back right before your planned purchase date. Technology changes very fast. What I recommend today may change two months from now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Streaming Computers Build Gaming Systems