Solved

2.3Ghz vs. 2.7Ghz

Hello, i have an old pc. 2gb ram, new gt630, 360gb hdd and a amd athlon x2 4450e 2.3ghz. I tried to game at 720p.. Some games work.. Some don't. I saw videos on youtube of people playing bf3 multiplayer with gt630 at 720p with no problems.. So i guess it's my cpu that's bottlenecking. I found a cheap amd x2 5200+ 2.7ghz.. Would i be able to play 720p with that cpu? :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3ghz 7ghz
  1. Best answer
    probably not.

    Putting money into a really old system isn't worth it. Just save up for a cheap b85 mobo and Pentium G3220.
  2. How cheap is that processor? I bought a new 3$ socket 775 pentium cpu before so it could be worth it if it doesn't cost much. Otherwise, do what the person above said.
  3. Gaming and resolution is largely dependent on GPU, granted as stated i wouldn't invest more money into such a system. Try and save and you can build a decent rig.
  4. On system requirments for battlefield 3 it says amd 2.7ghz minimum. I have 2.3 . So i tought it will work. It costs 25euros.
  5. Right now ny brother is playing league of legends at 1080p everything ultra at 30-40 fps.i guess that game ia not so cpu intenssive.
  6. TechyInAZ said:
    probably not.

    Putting money into a really old system isn't worth it. Just save up for a cheap b85 mobo and Pentium G3220.


    Anonymous said:
    Gaming and resolution is largely dependent on GPU, granted as stated i wouldn't invest more money into such a system. Try and save and you can build a decent rig.



    Right now my brother is playing league of legends at 1080p everything ultra at 30-40 fps.i guess that game ia not so cpu intenssive. I was now just playing Crysis 2 at 720p 30-40 fps. The only games that were not playing well were Battlefield 3 and Prototype 2 (15-20fps). I found a 2.8ghz dual core. I hope I can play Bf3 with that cpu
  7. Might be better to spend some money on a new mobo+cpu
  8. DJ Monkey said:
    On system requirments for battlefield 3 it says amd 2.7ghz minimum. I have 2.3 . So i tought it will work. It costs 25euros.


    Yes but they mean a newer cpu like a intel quad core.

    Like others have said, save up a lot of money for a decent rig (around $500 minimum for anything good).
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD CPUs