Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building new PC

Last response: in Components
Share
June 24, 2014 8:37:23 PM

Hello all, I'm about to build a new computer from scratch, and I created a list:

-Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Haswell
-Intel i7 4790 Haswell 3.6 - 4.0GHz
-Kingston HyperX Predator (2x4) 8GB 2400MHz
-ASUS ROG STRIKER GTX760 4GB DDR5
-630W Thermaltake Smart SPS-630M Modular Power Supply
-HDD SATA3 7200 1TB WD Caviar Blue WD10EZEX 64MB

I was told not to waste money on 2400MHz RAM and instead buy 1600MHz one, and that I don't need this motherboard if processor is not "K" one. So I need help to clear this out. Is there something wrong with this list, what would you suggest, which processor goes well with which motherboard etc... Thanks in advance!

More about : building

June 24, 2014 8:41:26 PM

whats ur budget and country of origin?

m
0
l
June 24, 2014 8:42:41 PM

You only need an H87 mobo for a non-k intel cpu. Get a H97 mobo

You only need a 500w power supply with the gtx760. Get a good one per http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-su... eg Seasonic 520, XFX550, Antec HCG 520M, EVGA P2 or G2 500

You won't need a 4gb 760 unless your using multi 1080p monitors or a 1440p one.

For ram, I'd get 1866 - only a few dollars more than 1600
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 24, 2014 8:43:34 PM

Assuming you dont want to ever overclock this system?

A H97 board would be a cheaper option that wouldnt sacrifice features you will actually use.

As for memory get 1866 or if you really want 2133, it will be beneficial over 1600 without really being more expensive
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 8:54:40 PM

i7Baby said:
You only need an H87 mobo for a non-k intel cpu. Get a H97 mobo

You only need a 500w power supply with the gtx760. Get a good one per http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-su... eg Seasonic 520, XFX550, Antec HCG 520M, EVGA P2 or G2 500

You won't need a 4gb 760 unless your using multi 1080p monitors or a 1440p one.

For ram, I'd get 1866 - only a few dollars more than 1600


And which one do you prefer, K or non K (I know K ones are for overclocking) for eg. i7 4770k or i7 4790 Haswell, since price is almost the same.
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 8:56:55 PM

iceclock said:
whats ur budget and country of origin?



I'm from Bosnia. Since currency is different I'd say ~ €1000
m
0
l
June 24, 2014 9:00:28 PM

Jameson Clark said:
Assuming you dont want to ever overclock this system?

A H97 board would be a cheaper option that wouldnt sacrifice features you will actually use.

As for memory get 1866 or if you really want 2133, it will be beneficial over 1600 without really being more expensive


I never though about overclocking, but if needed then maybe yes. I want this to last for next 3-4 years or so. (playing high detailed games etc...)
m
0
l

Best solution

June 24, 2014 9:06:43 PM

Zastava_101 said:
Jameson Clark said:
Assuming you dont want to ever overclock this system?

A H97 board would be a cheaper option that wouldnt sacrifice features you will actually use.

As for memory get 1866 or if you really want 2133, it will be beneficial over 1600 without really being more expensive


I never though about overclocking, but if needed then maybe yes. I want this to last for next 3-4 years or so. (playing high detailed games etc...)


If you would like to OC then get a "k" cpu, leave the motherboard, and get a cpu cooler. On a budget the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo is typically the best choice. Still get the RAM I mentioned as well
Share
June 25, 2014 7:52:10 AM

still need budget if u want me to help u sir :) 

m
0
l
!