Will an i3 4150 bottleneck GTX 770 ?

Daavtec

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Be honest with me, i got my I3 and already had a GTX 770 and this is what i got now, i3 with a gtx 770 :)
But does it bottleneck my card much? At my experience it doesn't.. Still play games at ultra on good fps so..do you think i would have better performance with an i5 ? (sure with some games that are cpu based i do understand that you're better off with i5)

Solution
The i3-4150 is enough to keep any current game at 60+ fps, so the bottleneck won't be noticeable. However, of course it's a bit weaker than an i5. Since any 4th gen i3, i5, or i7 will keep games well above 60 fps average, really the only difference is how long you expect the CPU to last.

And, of course, the i3-4150 will beat the FX-6300 in performance, so it's not as if it's a weak CPU.

enemy1g

Honorable
The i3-4150 is enough to keep any current game at 60+ fps, so the bottleneck won't be noticeable. However, of course it's a bit weaker than an i5. Since any 4th gen i3, i5, or i7 will keep games well above 60 fps average, really the only difference is how long you expect the CPU to last.

And, of course, the i3-4150 will beat the FX-6300 in performance, so it's not as if it's a weak CPU.

Solution

Daavtec

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

I accidentally clicked on "Best answer / solved" But yeah i know, i had the Fx 6100 before then upgraded to a Fx 8350 and there was a different. Now i'm back with intel and don't notice a different so far (i bought this set up because i wanted to get rid of AMD, not that it is bad..but any way my mobo supports 5th gen cpu from intel. When they come out, i will upgrade to an I5