Solved

Help needed fast!!

I have this build and i was wondering if i could go with the XFX 550W instead of the Tier 4 EVGA 600W PSU
Is it okay? am gunna OC the I5 to its max and same for the GPU

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL 60Hz 23.6" Monitor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1118.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about needed fast
  1. I would get a 750W Corsair or SeaSonic. The power supply is the most important part of your computer. You have the same drive that I used to have. I say 750W becuase I know you will be grabbing a second card for crossfire ASAP.
  2. jkhoward said:
    I would get a 750W Corsair or SeaSonic. The power supply is the most important part of your computer.


    Nah i don't believe that i'll need a 450W+ as i also don't have the money for that
    I know and i believe that the XFX 550W is just enough but am also asking to see if there are any problems
  3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013&cm_re=P1550SXXB9-_-17-207-013-_-Product

    It should work. It definitely isn't $25 though. You won't be able to update the system and overclocking the CPU may be pushing it a little.
  4. jkhoward said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013&cm_re=P1550SXXB9-_-17-207-013-_-Product

    It should work. It definitely isn't $25 though. You won't be able to update the system and overclocking the CPU may be pushing it a little.


    whats the difference this is a 550w bronze but its just more expensive
    why the my build MAX Watts needed is 447w that means that while am playing it will use from 350 to 400w and if i overclocked just add a 50w-100w then 450w to 500w then that PSU just does it am i right?
  5. Best answer
    Power Supply Calculators suck ass and are inaccurate for the most part. Your graphics card alone requires at 600W power supply according to the card manufacturer. Who are you going to believe? A website or the people who make the card?

    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4793#sp
  6. jkhoward said:
    Power Supply Calculators suck ass and are inaccurate for the most part. Your graphics card alone requires at 600W power supply according to the card manufacturer. Who are you going to believe? A website or the people who make the card?

    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4793#sp

    Ya well am going with the SeaSonic M12II Bronze 620W now
  7. That is a much better power supply than the other two you listed. I can guarantee you that you will be very happy with that than the other. That power supply will last you for this build into your next build.

    FYI - I really enjoy the Storm Troopers dancing.
  8. jkhoward said:
    That is a much better power supply than the other two you listed. I can guarantee you that you will be very happy with that than the other. That power supply will last you for this build into your next build.

    FYI - I really enjoy the Storm Troopers dancing.


    Ya i know everybody enjoy watching them :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Build Components