Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I want to buy Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 graphics card. But I'm not sure this graphics card will support my system or

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 26, 2014 12:46:41 AM

Hello All,

I want to buy Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 graphics card. But I'm not sure this graphics card will support my system or not
*I have Pentium(R) duel-core E5800 @3.20GHz
*Motherbaord is asus P5QPL-AM
*4GB ram
*SMPS with 450 watt supply(3.3V85V=85W MAX) exceed 200W

Please help me........

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2014 1:25:58 AM

What is your budget for this upgrade? You really need to upgrade pretty much everything.
Share
June 26, 2014 2:02:08 AM

Yeah, I now I have to upgrade pretty much everything.. My budget is around $500-$600 ...but first tell me can Sapphire AMD HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 graphics card supports my current system?

m
0
l
Related resources
June 26, 2014 3:34:40 AM

Alpha3031 said:
What is your budget for this upgrade? You really need to upgrade pretty much everything.


Yeah, I now I have to upgrade pretty much everything.. My budget is around $500-$600 ...but first tell me can Sapphire AMD HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 graphics card supports my current system?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2014 5:19:48 AM

Here's what I think
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($74.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($81.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $586.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 10:21:33 AM

Alpha3031 said:
Here's what I think
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($74.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($81.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $586.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


Thank you so much.., can you tell me my current system can run this graphics card - Sapphire AMD HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2014 8:03:51 PM

I'd need to know the Amps on the 12 V rail, it needs at least 10 A, not including the rest of the system.
m
0
l
June 29, 2014 1:32:03 AM

Alpha3031 said:
I'd need to know the Amps on the 12 V rail, it needs at least 10 A, not including the rest of the system.


That PSU has 20 Amps on the 12v rail.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2014 1:35:28 AM

Should be fine.
m
0
l
!