Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

HELP No POST, No BEEP, CPU and PSU Fans Start

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 26, 2014 5:11:51 AM

I recently bought all my parts which are:

Intel i5 4670k
Gigabyte GA-H81N Motherboard
Samsung 120gb SSD
RIPJAWS G.SKILL 2x4GB RAM
Corsair CS550M

I have looked through the troubleshooting guide and can't seem to find the right answer and it's giving me headaches, need serious help! When I breadboard the cpu, psu and motherboard the cpu and the psu fans start up for about 10 seconds however then shut down. Then restarts again. There is no internal speaker I don't think, but I plug my aux into the motherboard so not sure whether the beep diagnostics sound would come out of a stereo? I took the motherboard back to the store today and got a new one, but the same problem existed so obviously that wasn't the problem .I did the "paper clip" test on the psu, and it all worked flawlessly. However can't tell whether this sounds like a DOA psu? Also would bios incompatibility lead to this outcome as well?

Please help

Best solution

June 26, 2014 5:21:44 AM

Play with the RAM. Swap the slots, let it run with 1 stick first
Share
June 26, 2014 5:34:12 AM

Would the fans still stop if the ram was installed incorrectly?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 26, 2014 5:43:07 AM

GoneBurrito said:
Would the fans still stop if the ram was installed incorrectly?

It will or it wont, maybe if anything wrong happens(faulty ram), the mobo decided to shutdown itself, stopping the fans. If it wont then the mobo simply doesnt shutdown itself and stays on forever. Maybe your ram its faulty, not installed incorrectly

m
0
l
June 26, 2014 5:44:27 AM

Omg this is actually the dumbest thing i've ever done hahahahahaha. My ram wasn't plugged in all the way hahahahahaha
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 5:53:51 AM

deusimpervius said:
GoneBurrito said:
Would the fans still stop if the ram was installed incorrectly?

It will or it wont, maybe if anything wrong happens(faulty ram), the mobo decided to shutdown itself, stopping the fans. If it wont then the mobo simply doesnt shutdown itself and stays on forever. Maybe your ram its faulty, not installed incorrectly



Thanks for the help!
m
0
l
June 26, 2014 6:02:42 AM

GoneBurrito said:
Omg this is actually the dumbest thing i've ever done hahahahahaha. My ram wasn't plugged in all the way hahahahahaha

Good thing that your mobo wasnt damaged, it can cause damage.

No problem, grats on your new rig:) 
m
0
l
!