$3000 Paper weight...

Millgo47

Reputable
May 23, 2014
I recently bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked with ACX Cooler 3G.
It's been a nightmare; It first wouldn't read the card, so I figured my motherboard was old so I bought a new one. Asus P8Z77-V LK installed that, updated to lastest BIOs and then tired the GTX again.. nothing, so I figured I'd buy a new power supply bought a CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W, Still nothing... so I figured the card was DOA, I took it back got a new card (same card) and tried it... still didn't work even tried different PCIE slots.
I went through every thing possible on the Tom's Checklist
Changed the BIOs from Auto to PCIE and it just says no signal then switches back to on board.
Tried DVI,HDMI etc all the hook ups and nothing.
I have no clue what to even try anymore, went through all the BIOs settings couldn't find anything else to do with PCIE slots etc. The card is getting power I just think something in BIOs is maybe causing it not to read the card, I'm out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
When you say 'it switched back to onboard', that makes me believe you have your video cable plugged into the motherboard's onboard video - if this is the case, you need to connect it to the video card itself in order to actually use it. Just my quick thoughts based on what I'd read. Like byza said, I doubt this is the problem, but it's always worth mentioning.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Haha, well, I'll think about it and see what I come up with. We see all kinds of things around here... never hurts to ask. :)

byza

Honorable
This might seem stupid but are you plugged into the ports on the GPU or motherboard? My friend called me up recently freaking out after moving his computer, turns out it was because he plugged his HDMI into the mobo instead of the GPU. Probably not the solution in your case but worth checking.

Millgo47

Reputable
May 23, 2014

Thanks but nope it's plugged into the GPU tried all types of connections too.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
When you say 'it switched back to onboard', that makes me believe you have your video cable plugged into the motherboard's onboard video - if this is the case, you need to connect it to the video card itself in order to actually use it. Just my quick thoughts based on what I'd read. Like byza said, I doubt this is the problem, but it's always worth mentioning.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Haha, well, I'll think about it and see what I come up with. We see all kinds of things around here... never hurts to ask. :)

Solution

Millgo47

Reputable
May 23, 2014

Again thanks for replying but after it says no signal I just changed it to the onboard plug. Thanks for trying though